Honored Contributor

Re: Say It Ain't So: Unimpressed With FTP

I don't see how it's possible for any CC to singe hair.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

jax, of course it's not possible, any more than it's possible for it to strip and coat at the same time as she states.

I think it's called "literary license"

Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 okiebug said:

jax, of course it's not possible, any more than it's possible for it to strip and coat at the same time as she states.

I think it's called "literary license"

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that you didn't see my previous comment.

I had said I think the stripped/coating issue was a result of FTP being too astringent, thus it clarified/stripped my hair more than it is accustomed to and my hair produced more oil/coating to compensate.

Make sense?

Oh, and jax, I didn't say the CC itself singed my ends, I said I felt the singe after using styling tools, which I think happened because the excess oil my hair produced was picked up by my flat iron.

Make sense?

ETA: To put this in perspective, when I flat ironed after using FTP, it felt very similar to when you attempt to use a normal (not a wet to dry) flat iron on wet hair. You can quite literally feel the hair being fried, it's very off-putting but nothing that can't be cured by a little deep conditioning {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

RyBelle, I did read your comments and I think that's my problem. You are obviously writing for your "readers" even on this board. I feel this board is for personal experiences and opinions not long reviews. Therefore, you are welcome to continue to write your blog-style reviews and I will no longer read them and therefore not feel the need to ask for clarification.

Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 okiebug said:

RyBelle, I did read your comments and I think that's my problem. You are obviously writing for your "readers" even on this board. I feel this board is for personal experiences and opinions not long reviews. Therefore, you are welcome to continue to write your blog-style reviews and I will no longer read them and therefore not feel the need to ask for clarification.

That is your opinion and I respect it.

I was just trying to be thorough with my own experience as I know there are many on this board who are on the fence about FTP.

I also know there are some who feel the opposite way - they would like to have a thorough review right here on the board rather than having to look elsewhere.

To each their own.

Frequent Contributor

Sorry, this didn't work out for you! I love the FTP! I seem to have had the opposite effect of what your describe. The scent was fresh and light, and I found it very easy to work into my hair and rinse out. Even easier, than SHP, which I love. As for dry ends and having a hard time getting a comb through, I didn't have that problem at all. I used a little bit of styling crème, and it's very easy for me to comb. My hair is lighter, which means more wave, curl, and volume. Plus, with this formula I don't feel the need to wash everyday, like some of the others. I appreciate your review, but I do think this is a formula worth, at least, trying.

Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 SeaRae said:

Sorry, this didn't work out for you! I love the FTP! I seem to have had the opposite effect of what your describe. The scent was fresh and light, and I found it very easy to work into my hair and rinse out. Even easier, than SHP, which I love. As for dry ends and having a hard time getting a comb through, I didn't have that problem at all. I used a little bit of styling crème, and it's very easy for me to comb. My hair is lighter, which means more wave, curl, and volume. Plus, with this formula I don't feel the need to wash everyday, like some of the others. I appreciate your review, but I do think this is a formula worth, at least, trying.

I'm so jealous of you for getting these results! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Luckily I did find a way to make it work (sort of as a clarifying cleanse after a heavy oil treatment maybe once a month or less), but yeah, I definitely can't use this on a regular basis.

I'm glad you found a formula that works for you! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Contributor

Love the Tuscan Pear! Knew it was somehow different the second it touched my hair....glad I got A-D on it. Next up to try, the Bamboo...have read mostly positive reviews on it! Still have part of a gallon of POM, but think my hair is getting bored with it....
Respected Contributor

I am still playing around with it, but so far, I neither love nor hate FTP. It's definitely a lighter scent than many others (core and seasonals) and I do like that. Formula wise, I am finding it like most seasonals (other than SHP). I think I will now pass on the 3 piece kit when it shows up, because I have plenty of other oil and rtm and the winter seasonal is right around the corner...

Honored Contributor

On 10/2/2014 sueinsf said:

I am still playing around with it, but so far, I neither love nor hate FTP. It's definitely a lighter scent than many others (core and seasonals) and I do like that. Formula wise, I am finding it like most seasonals (other than SHP). I think I will now pass on the 3 piece kit when it shows up, because I have plenty of other oil and rtm and the winter seasonal is right around the corner...

thanks for the review. I have kind of been getting this feeling based on the reviews. It makes me think that my decision to pass on trying FTP is probably best since I know I can get the ones I really love soon. FTP sounds like it would be fine but not a love for me.