Honored Contributor

Re: Saw plastic surgeon this morning

@fairydogmother  There must be a big cost difference in the two different procedures....scaring you is cheaper...Medicare could care less. 

Honored Contributor

I'm very excited for you! Best wishes on a safe and speedy recovery. 

Honored Contributor

Way to go !!

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother   great news!   i'm sure your will love the result! and a very good PS to include the brow lift in the surgery - Medicare for blepharoplasty and out of pocket for the brow lift piece. very reasonable.

i have had consults with 3 PS.  The PS i originally wanted to have my eyes done had very extensive Before/Afters.   He was rather arrogant.   he refused to do a Medicare only eyelift. He said "You won't like the way it looks"   He would only do it as cosmetic laser eyelift and use CO2 around the eye area to smooth lines. $6000.   i asked if he could just combine the Medicare and out of pocket and he practically accused me of asking him to cheat Medicare. The real reason was he hated to take the Medicare reimbursements because they are minimal (for his practice) he also he has quite a few negative former patient reviews on Real Self . and Yelp too.

Honored Contributor

My husband had the eyelids done.  He was already having to have one of his eyes fixed after a fall where he ended up in the ER with wa cut below his eye and they tried to stitch it, but it pulled down on his eye badly such that he couldn't completely close it.  He had to be evaluated for the vision aspect of it.  He didn't get any brow work done. 

I had to play nursemaid, which included providing him with ice packs for his eyes like every 30 minutes.  We ran out of ice, and I had to go out and buy a bag.  The eyelids healed faster than the spot below his eye, and for a few months afterwards he had to push that area up with his finger all the time to keep the pulling from returning.  

Esteemed Contributor

@fairydogmother 

Wishing you the best with your upcoming surgery. Prayers will be offered for a speedy and most importantly safe procedure. 

Respected Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Bold decision!  Wishing you the very best!  Got some great Docs in Lakeland.

Dr Mueller recently joined the Tampa practice of Dr Mack. They have now established a satellite office in Lakeland for our convenience. That makes it so easy for me 😁

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

My bilateral eyelid and brow lifts are a go. Medically necessary for vision improvement. Many tests conducted and lots of "before"photos taken for Medicare. 
Speaking of insurance...so Medicare and my secondary insurance will pay for the eyelids. But the brows- they will only pay if the procedure is where an incision is done in the brow line. This would leave very visible scars. The doctor said even more visible in my case because I have so few eyebrow hairs. It won't be possible to cover them with makeup. He said in time, a couple of years, they will look like wrinkles. Ew. No thanks. 
The preferred method is to make an incision in the hairline, pulling the brow up from there. No visible scars. But insurance won't pay for that. 

I've decided to go ahead with the procedure that won't leave noticeable scarring. And I'll assume the out of pocket cost of $1000-2000. 
By the way my surgeon is 32 years old. I felt so old 😂 

I had an eyelid lift and had two consultations. One doctor wanted to do what you are having done. I did not want the eyebrow lift. I met with another doctor who said I did not need the brow lift . Love my results!!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@fairydogmother  There must be a big cost difference in the two different procedures....scaring you is cheaper...Medicare could care less. 

Exactly what the doc said about insurance lol

Harmonize the World
Valued Contributor

Good Luck.  I have a friend that had the procedure and she is thrilled with the results.