Respected Contributor

Saw plastic surgeon this morning

My bilateral eyelid and brow lifts are a go. Medically necessary for vision improvement. Many tests conducted and lots of "before"photos taken for Medicare. 
Speaking of insurance...so Medicare and my secondary insurance will pay for the eyelids. But the brows- they will only pay if the procedure is where an incision is done in the brow line. This would leave very visible scars. The doctor said even more visible in my case because I have so few eyebrow hairs. It won't be possible to cover them with makeup. He said in time, a couple of years, they will look like wrinkles. Ew. No thanks. 
The preferred method is to make an incision in the hairline, pulling the brow up from there. No visible scars. But insurance won't pay for that. 

I've decided to go ahead with the procedure that won't leave noticeable scarring. And I'll assume the out of pocket cost of $1000-2000. 
By the way my surgeon is 32 years old. I felt so old 😂 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Saw plastic surgeon this morning

Wow, @fairydogmother , it sounds like you are going to get a lot of bang for your buck with very little out of pocket cost to you!  I wish you all the best!

I wish you would post before and after pics.  It might just encourage some of us. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

Sounds great. I wish you the best. Hope it will help with your vision and that it will also make you look fabulous.Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

@fairydogmother Two of my neighbors just had this procedure done. They are beyond thrilled with the beautiful results! So excited for you!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother , my husband had his lids done.  insurance paid because eye Dr showed his vision was impaired from above and sides.  He has no scars, but he was heavily bruised for for a couple of weeks.  Very black and blue, purple too, lol.

There are a few helpful remedies you can look into on your own, and discuss with your Dr if you like...

Eating fresh pineapple a couple days prior, and after.

Lots of dark greens, they're rich in vitamin K

Arnica Montana tablets, under tongue 

Stop fish before and

Vitamin C and E

These tips may help limit bruising. 

I've heard it can be helpful during any type of surgery,  for healing.  Hope this helps, 🙂.

And nope, hubby didn't do any of the above, just ice applications when I yelled at him. 

Good luck to you!!

Respected Contributor

I hope all goes well with your procedure @fairydogmother .

Respected Contributor

That's wonderful. I hope you have a beautiful outcome, with no complications. The cost sounds like a great deal. 

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Sounds wonderful @fairydogmother and I think you will love your result for both vision and aesthetic reasons.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Bold decision!  Wishing you the very best!  Got some great Docs in Lakeland.