Trusted Contributor

Re: Saw a picture of the woman who looks like a Barbie Doll

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I wonder where they get the money for all that surgery....

These people are ill but not necessarily poor. 

I really blame the surgeons who do not hold themselves to a higher standard...

Respected Contributor

Maybe they used to send marginal candidates with a skewed body image to a psychologist, but i doubt they turn many away anymore. Any MD can take weekend seminars to learn brow-lifts and tummy-tucks. The $$$ lure is too great, there are too many doctors everywhere willing to to do the ******/tucks.

Botched has to show a balanced POV, otherwise they would be basically promoting plastic surgery as a cure-all. even the woman who had gone and incresed her implants to the size of basketballs - they made sure they gave her at least  D-cup implants for replacements, or in their opinion she wouldlook and  feel like a freak.

Esteemed Contributor

Jocelyn, Catwoman, 74 years old has spent hundreds of thousands on face work. 

On the prowl: Jocelyn Wildenstein aka the 'Catwoman' enjoyed an arm-in-arm stroll in  with her long-term boyfriend Lloyd Klein in NYC on Saturday

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I wonder where they get the money for all that surgery....

I thought the same thing. I'm more concerned with paying my rent and utilities and buying food. I love cats, but that doesn't mean I want to look like one. To each his own I guess.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.