Honored Contributor

Saw a picture of the woman who looks like a Barbie Doll

That's pretty amazing, then I saw the 2 doctors who fix plastic surgery mistakes. A young man went in because he wanted to look like Clark Kent/Superman. I don't understand getting plastic surgery to look like unreal characters.

Have you seen the lady who looks like a Barbie Doll? Have you heard or read why she did that? It really is beyond me.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Saw a picture of the woman who looks like a Barbie Doll

I think I did see or read about this some years ago - Crazy!  Why would she do this??  Well, she is obviously not mentally stable.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

That's pretty amazing, then I saw the 2 doctors who fix plastic surgery mistakes. A young man went in because he wanted to look like Clark Kent/Superman. I don't understand getting plastic surgery to look like unreal characters.

Have you seen the lady who looks like a Barbie Doll? Have you heard or read why she did that? It really is beyond me.

@qualitygal........most of the people that want a lot of plastic surgery have Dismorphic disorder and are depressed....this fellow was recently on THE DOCTORS daytime show last season or on Botched( not sure which I saw him on)  and killed himself a couple of months ago.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/tobias-strebel-dead-botched-justin-bieber-1201579393/

Honored Contributor

@June222 wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

@qualitygal........most of the people that want a lot of plastic surgery have Dismorphic disorder and are depressed....this fellow was recently on THE DOCTORS daytime show last season  and killed himself a couple of months ago.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/tobias-strebel-dead-botched-justin-bieber-1201579393/

@June222, thank you June. I had no idea there was such a thing and this fellow did that. That's so sad. That depression makes such a mess of things.

Respected Contributor

wow, that is so sad. i saw him on the Botched episode and i personally thought he was hiding a lot of sadness and pain.

there are two Barbies now, this the original one taken a few years ago but there are other pic of her.  seems she since replaced her her implants. go big or go home

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

wow, that is so sad. i saw him on the Botched episode and i personally thought he was hiding a lot of sadness and pain.

there are two Barbies now, this the original one taken a few years ago but there are other pic of her.  seems she since replaced her her implants. go big or go home

There are way more than two human Barbies. People have been using cosmetic surgery to try and look like Barbie and have been featured on TV or in magazines for decades. This one is just much more famous because she went viral on YouTube.

There's also a subculture of young women who try to look like other dolls or anime characters through either makeup or a combination of makeup and plastic surgery. (You can search for living doll culture, Venus Angelic, or gothic Lolita culture.)There are also people who use body modification to make themselves look like animals, including lizards and tigers (search for the Lizard Man or Dennis Avner. Avner even went outside the US to get whiskers implanted in his cheeks when no one in the US would do it. He died a few years back and it's believed he took his own life.) It's really sad and depression and suicide aren't uncommon among people who are unable to accept themselves as they are and always trying to become someone or something else.

Respected Contributor

I came across her story a few years ago. Apparently, there is also a Ken but the two of them don't get along. I guess they model or whatever together. It amazes me that I remember that but I guess you don't read this kind of stuff everyday. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO, these people who go through so many surgeries to make themselves look like a living characature or copy of a famous person - Barbie, Ken, the Cat lady, the guy who looks like a leopard (including having his teeth done to be pointed), Superman, Justin Bieber, Michael Jackson, etc., all probably have some kind of deep mental and emotional problems.  And I'd question the plastic surgeons who continue to operate on them rather than referring them to a psychiatrist who is well trained in Body Dysmorphic Disorder.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The saddest part is that they are attractive people to begin with....they just do not see it.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder where they get the money for all that surgery....