Valued Contributor

Re: Satin pillowcases to eliminate hair frizz.............

Blissy makes wonderful 100% silk pillowcases.  They don't stick to my face or make me hot.   My hair looks smoother and is much less knotty when I wake up and I do think it keeps wrinkles and lines at bay (to a degree).  I love mine.

Honored Contributor

I can't make my mind up about these things.  My hair is really tangled up when I get up in the morning, but --- I have to sleep with a large wedge pillow and a couple of other pillows on top of that for acid reflux and I think I would probably slide all over the place with a satin pillowcase?  Anyone have thoughts on this?  I hate to buy another gadget and then just have it be a waste.  I mean, it sounds nice, but....

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My post was removed....said it contain link.  There was no link in my post, Mods.  @AnjalenaQVC 

I simply said I use a satin nightcap that I purchased on Etsy.  Keeps my hair nice, but I don't have to deal with the slippery surface in my face.

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I can't make my mind up about these things.  My hair is really tangled up when I get up in the morning, but --- I have to sleep with a large wedge pillow and a couple of other pillows on top of that for acid reflux and I think I would probably slide all over the place with a satin pillowcase?  Anyone have thoughts on this?  I hate to buy another gadget and then just have it be a waste.  I mean, it sounds nice, but....

I also sleep on a large wedge pillow, same problem as yours.  Silk pillows slide all over them so I don't use my slik pillow cases any more.

Honored Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I also sleep on a large wedge pillow, same problem as yours.  Silk pillows slide all over them so I don't use my slik pillow cases any more.

Did your satin pillowcase have satin on both sides? That's probably why it was sliding around. My satin pillowcase was dual-sided with one side satin and the other side some kind of knit so it didn't slide around on my bed. @arrabella 

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1   I bought one from this brand from Ulta a couple months ago. I really love it and wish I would have bought one years ago. My face always has folds on my cheeks because I’m a side sleeper. No more! I am getting another one. 😁

Honored Contributor

They look nice, feel wonderful against your face .... and then you spend the rest of the night chasing the pillow around the bed or picking it up when it slides off the bed and onto the floor.

Been there, done that and the satin pillowcases are now lining some crocheted purses.

Trusted Contributor

@Re: Satin pillowcases to eliminate hair frizz.............

@SilleeMee   Mine are silk on both sides. They are the same mummy weight as the Blissy but not as expenive.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

My face sticks to my silk pillowcase if I've just done my nightly (face) routine.  If I do it earlier  in the evening it's not as much of a problem.  Last thing that goes on my face at night is RHSO.  

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan   Thanks for your reply.  That is good to know so I look forward to receiving mine.  I know they have real silk and satin but I would not pay $90 for one.  I am glad yours is working out for you.  Sweet dreams.  lol

kindness is strength