Valued Contributor

Re: Satin pillowcases to eliminate hair frizz.............

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I can't make my mind up about these things.  My hair is really tangled up when I get up in the morning, but --- I have to sleep with a large wedge pillow and a couple of other pillows on top of that for acid reflux and I think I would probably slide all over the place with a satin pillowcase?  Anyone have thoughts on this?  I hate to buy another gadget and then just have it be a waste.  I mean, it sounds nice, but....

Have you tried sleeping with your hair braided? I've heard some swear by that to prevent tangles. Personally, it didn't work for me (I had layers slip out of the braid) and it wasn't comfortable. Nonetheless, others say it helps!

I have a few satin/silk pillowcases. One of them is "Hollywood Silk Solution" brand and is only satin on one side (making it less expensive and helps with the movement of it). It sounds to be similar to what @SilleeMee   mentioned. 

Honored Contributor

@Mellyg wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I can't make my mind up about these things.  My hair is really tangled up when I get up in the morning, but --- I have to sleep with a large wedge pillow and a couple of other pillows on top of that for acid reflux and I think I would probably slide all over the place with a satin pillowcase?  Anyone have thoughts on this?  I hate to buy another gadget and then just have it be a waste.  I mean, it sounds nice, but....

Have you tried sleeping with your hair braided? I've heard some swear by that to prevent tangles. Personally, it didn't work for me (I had layers slip out of the braid) and it wasn't comfortable. Nonetheless, others say it helps!

I have a few satin/silk pillowcases. One of them is "Hollywood Silk Solution" brand and is only satin on one side (making it less expensive and helps with the movement of it). It sounds to be similar to what @SilleeMee   mentioned. 

@Mellyg 

I can't remember the brand name of the one I had and since I gave it away I have no way to find it either...lol!  I think it was "Night" brand or something like that. All I know is that it was expensive and I got it when it went on a 50%-off sale.

Valued Contributor

I actuallly never remember  the name either @SilleeMee ,  The only thing I recall is "the Hollywood silk solution" is owned by the same lady that owns the "Silk" brand. They are essentially the same (with the exception that it is only silk on one side), but marketed completely differently. 

Valued Contributor

Good price!  I paid around 29$ on Amazon for mine - I have two and alternate them.

They are great for keeping hair untangled and my skin.  I don't find them too hot at all.

Honored Contributor

In my case frizz is caused by high humidity and no pillowcase is going to make a difference. 

Valued Contributor

i ordered Betty Dain @ Amazon based on recommendation from this board.  It does indeed minimize frizz and tangles.  This item has zipper which is covered by a flap.  purchased in 2015 and machine washed (but never dried) weekly.

Respected Contributor

I bought a satin pillow case a few months ago and frankly I see no difference in my hair.  I do find it cooler to sleep on it so I will continue to do so.