Valued Contributor

I've been using satin or silk pillowcases for about 5 years. I couldn't find a clean one the other day so I used a percale pillowcase. I had big creases on the side of my face for about an hour after I woke up! I've never had that happen with the satin or silk cases.

Honored Contributor

Not for me I am afraid my head would slip and slide around

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I buy cheapo ones at ebay or Amazon and always use them. My hair is in better condition and my skin isn't half bad either. I don't know whether I can attribute it to the satin pillowcases but whatever, I'll take it! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

"I toss around a lot at night."

You would do better wearing a satin head rag at bedtime.

I move around a lot at night have tried MANY options - bonnets, satin-lined caps, buffs, etc -  I can never get one to consistently stay on through the night. One might stay on 3 out of 7 nights or none of them.

I have to use a three-pronged combination:

1. "Pineapple" ponytail (high pony on top of head)
  2. Buff drawn up over hair and tied at top
  3. A silk pillowcase as the backup when the buff falls off
Trusted Contributor

Yes, they work for me. Been using them since the 90s for prevention of lines from sleeping on my side. Work great for keeping hair from damage from tossing and turning. Currently using the copper one from Consult Beaute.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

After having straight thick hair for most of my life it began to curl, what a surprise!  I started to use silk pillow cases on the advice of my hairdresser and they work great and like another mentioned, cut out face creases.  Bought one for grand daughter to ease hair fiction at least at night because as a dancer her hair was in a bun or wearing in a pony tail to much so some breakage becgan to occur.  The more expensive ones work much better than the cheaper ones.  

Honored Contributor

I use one for years now, I like the kind with zippers. 

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

I move around a lot at night have tried MANY options - bonnets, satin-lined caps, buffs, etc -  I can never get one to consistently stay on through the night. One might stay on 3 out of 7 nights or none of them.

@Alison Wonderland, what is a "buff"? Maybe I'm just drawing a blank. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have a copper infused pillowcase.  I do like it!

Respected Contributor

Re: Satin pillowcase

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Alison Wonderland, what is a "buff"? Maybe I'm just drawing a blank. :-)

@suzyQ3 ,If you've ever seen an episode of Survivor, the buff is the weird multipurpose tube the contestants use to show which team they're on.

Image result for survivor buff

Turns out, they're fantastic for curly hair. Here's the Instagram video that sold me on them. It's a series of videos. The first one, she explains plopping. Click the arrow on the right side of the video to go to part two, where she puts the buff on. Videos 3 and 4 explain what to do if your hair is super long and how she pulls the ends down over her ears and eyes to sleep.

When I pull mine over my eyes like she does, it stays on pretty well. It still falls off a lot, but far less often than anything else I've tried.