Respected Contributor

Anyone have luck with these?  I just ordered a couple.  I have hair breakage issues around the crown and I'm convinced it's the pillowcase giving friction. I toss around a lot at night. Silk pillowcase does not help, I'm hoping satin might.  They were cheap so if not, no big loss.

Honored Contributor

"I toss around a lot at night."

You would do better wearing a satin head rag at bedtime.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I have thought of that but I am one to rip things from my body and toss them aside while sleeping.  Like socks and eyemasks and such.  I don't think a cap of any kind will make it through the night!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx 

I'm a true toss and turn sleeper too.

When I noticed thinning hair I talked to my Derm about it and he suggested satin pillowcases and biotin.

He said that the satin would provide more slip between my hair and the pillow. as I toss and turn. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

I have thought of that but I am one to rip things from my body and toss them aside while sleeping.  Like socks and eyemasks and such.  I don't think a cap of any kind will make it through the night!

Haha, I bought a satin nite cap, after having my hair done. My late husband laughed at me, and said "how long do you think you'll keep that on"? Well, I woke up th next morning,looked over at him, and he had it on, ruffles and all. Miss that jerk, he was fun.

Honored Contributor

@HLP 

Too funny!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

Haha, I bought a satin nite cap, after having my hair done. My late husband laughed at me, and said "how long do you think you'll keep that on"? Well, I woke up th next morning,looked over at him, and he had it on, ruffles and all. Miss that jerk, he was fun.

I love the story about your husband....he must have been a great guy,  ❤️🌷

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx  Hopefully the satin pillowcases you purchased are very soft.  When you mentioned that they did not cost much, I was concerned that they would not be what you wanted.  I do hope they are.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@HLP  Boy did that make me laugh!!!!   He must have had a great sense of humor,  God rest his soul.

My friend uses a satin pillowcase, never sleeps without it.  She even takes it when we go on group vacations.  She swears by it.  I have never used one but I have pretty short hair.

Respected Contributor

Yes, it does help.  Silk is preferred but satin works well.  You will notice it helpful for your skin as well.