Esteemed Contributor

As someone with naturally curly hair that looks messy most of the time, I understand the struggle.  I can relate to her hair.  Some people have nice curls and others more messy looking hair.  I also have to use leave-in conditioner to keep it somewhat tame.  Her hair has never looked dirty to me but if it does to others that could be the reason why.  Unfortunately, natural curly hair has a mind of its own and will do what it wants to do.  My hair never looks the same.  I never know how it will turn out.  If it’s particularly bad I hold it back with clips. 

Honored Contributor

I always enjoyed her. I haven't seen her recently, so I can't comment on her hair -- I probably wouldn't have if I had seen her. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

There’s only so much she can do with it. It is what it is and i think it looks just fine. 

Respected Contributor

I like it--it suits her: she is truly unique!

Honored Contributor

Sara has her own style and her own "look." The comments about her hair being dirty? Absurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Somewhere in this crazy world there is having an opinion on something; which can be somewhere between mean and nasty, judgmental and simply saying that someone's looks is not what you would choose, or you think they would look better with this or that.

But being mean and personal about something trivial as hair seems unnecessary doesn't it?  What happened to civil behavior. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Somewhere in this crazy world there is having an opinion on something; which can be somewhere between mean and nasty, judgmental and simply saying that someone's looks is not what you would choose, or you think they would look better with this or that.

But being mean and personal about something trivial as hair seems unnecessary doesn't it?  What happened to civil behavior. 

Very well stated! Thank you Sooner! ❤️🌹

Respected Contributor

I love Sara Gilbert!  As someone with thin, fine and straight hair, I am envious of her thick curly hair and admire her perfomances on Roseanne and The Conners.  She is the backbone behind the reboot even before Roseanne left and she brought the Conners back after Roseanne left.  

Trusted Contributor

I've never watched a single show she's been on, including this afternoon show she's on now.  I'm just happy to have no opinion on a subject, for a change. Woman LOL

But, to be fair to the OP, I've seen topics far stranger than this one.  Why shouldn't she feel free to start a thread if she has an opinion on something?  If you don't care for the topic, oh well....go to the next one.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

She dresses  and appears like she could care less about how she looks.  Unkempt...bed head.... much like Whoopi.  Just sloppy.

I don'tknow Sara Gilbert but I am always interested in learning about hair styling, which is why I opened this thread, and I am not sure why @SeaMaiden had to take a gratuitous shot at Whoopi.  Whoopi's hair is not "Unkempt...bed head". She actually meticulously styles her hair, and maintains it at a speific length.  Whoopi obviously cares wht she looks like: always wears a crisp white shirt and fancy shoes, unless she is wearing a sweater from her line.