Honored Contributor

I've been getting monthly professional pedicures for almost 30 years.  I have to have well-groomed toes regardless of whether or not I'm wearing open or closed-toed shoes.  Living in a year-round warm environment all I wear is open-toed shoes.  I was able to get my pedicure about 10 days ago & felt like a new woman with my summertime pink toes!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I have never had a pedicure and never would. I have very nice feet and don't even use polish. Just lucked out I guess.

Esteemed Contributor

I never realized how pampered I was until recently. Prior to this, I got mani pedi's at LEAST once per month, and sometimes more during the summer months. Having to do it myself has actually been fun, but I WELCOME the day when the salons reopen.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I tried to put polish on my toes once and it turned out looking like a child had done it.  There's no way I can duplicate what a nail tech can do.  I envy those of you who can.

I'm looking forward to getting a pedi done one day.  Meanwhile, I won't wear sandals in public for now...

Esteemed Contributor

If I go out anytime this summer (and that's a big "if"), I'm not letting anyone touch me. My nails will have to be done by myself. I haven't worn makeup in months, and today for the first time since March I put on my wedding ring. It felt so odd! Mr. Sunny put his on too and we felt like newlyweds again.

I'm not anxious to go out, so my nails are the last thing for me to think about.

Be safe and careful out there!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Living in Southern California I wear open toed shoes a lot. I normally have a pedi, but I have not had one professionally done since March. I can do my own pedicures, which I have been doing weekly, but I cannot bend myself into a pretzel as someone mentioned earlier to paint my toenails. Too bad, my feet are nice and smooth, and the toe nails are cut they are just minus the polish. If it's that offensive the masses can just avert their horrified eyes. LOL

Valued Contributor
I have had 1 pedi in my entire life (just turned 52) and I didnt care for it. I much prefer to do my own and I'm ALWAYS sandal ready! 🙂
Regular Contributor

I feel the same way.  I do take care of my feet but rarely, if ever, polish my toenails and I don't particularly want anyone else to touch them.  I guess I'm funny in that regard.  Both of my sisters and many of my friends enjoy having pedicures, but the idea of having it done to me gives me the willies.

Respected Contributor

I do my own and for most of my life always have. I would get a pedi but I have Type 1 diabetes and am very particular about my feet. I don't always keep my toenails painted but I do try to keep my cuticles in check and keep my hands and feet moisturized.