Valued Contributor

Around here in southeastern WI only older people wear nail polish. (toe or finger) Younger people do not. I now have to wear it whether I want to or not, (or not wear sandals) because I have a fungus on one toenail that I cannot get rid of. It looks very ugly. The polish camoflages it  a little. I couldn't stand to go through a WI summer without wearing sandals.

Esteemed Contributor

I do my own pedicures at home and my feet are just as soft as they would be if I went to a salon.  I don't have toenails so there's nothing to polish.  I've never had enough nailbed for polish on the toes, but until a few years ago I used to wear sandals from time to time.  It was the onset of a podiatric medical condition which makes it a bit uncomfortable for me not to wear socks which has completely excluded sandals from my wardrobe.  

Super Contributor

I will have to do my own this time.  The salons aren't opening here for another couple of weeks.  I always keep my feet pedicured.  I really don't like seeing people's toes not polished. Even a clear coat looks better. 

Respected Contributor

i broke myself of the nail polish habit about a year ago.  it was harder for me to look at bare toes than to look at bare fingernails!   i had been going to the salon for a bare-nail pedi once in a while to keep them looking good, but since CV i have been keeping up with them myself ... not easy because  it's hard for me to be bending like that.   i've been so happy that i didn't have to worry about getting to a nail salon, though.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sandals ? No Pedi?

[ Edited ]

I've always done my own pedis. The piggies are trimmed, filed, heels and rest of feet callous free. Until I'm really out & in sandals, they're just polished clear after buffing. 

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I think no one should judge other people's toenails, virus or not!

@Peaches McPhee, well, they do judge others' toenails around here on every thread like this. I am one whose toenails would elicit the comment that I shouldn't wear sandals.

I wear sandals. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Doing my own pedicures is a test in flexibility for myself.

If I can't reach my own toes, something is terribly wrong. 

Respected Contributor

Unless one sells sandles or  capris for a living, do not care what anyone else thinks. You do you.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always taken care of my own fingernails and toenails. After a winter break from polish, I used a pretty coral shade from Sally Hansen on my toes in April. Glad I can do it myself!

Respected Contributor

I have always been a self mani/pedi person so it is operations normal for me.  My toes are ready to peek out of sandals - if only the weather would cooperate!