Honored Contributor

I love my salt & pepper hair and receive compliments on it from my beauty salon.  Not everyone can wear it and you have to go with what makes you feel good.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@philogirl wrote:

Hyacinth, congrats on the compliments.  What Vitamin C serum do you recommend? Do you apply it twice a day? Thx. 

I use Timeless Vitamin C serum.  Many people on this board use it and like it.  It is a great price too.  I use it once a day, but you might want to post to ask others how they do it too.  Some may use it twice daily.  And of course product directions.

I have also used Drunk Elephant and Skinceuticals C,E, Ferulic Acid.  Drunk Elephant seems exactly like Skinceuticals.  Timeless is thinner, not sticky, and has less smell.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@Zita wrote:

Interesting topic and comments. I colored my hair for years, adding lowlights, highlights, the works. Then I lost it all to chemo and it's just now coming back.The surprise is, although it's dark in the back, a lot of salt and pepper, it's silvery white in front -- and I like it! Gets lots of compliments, too. I agree it tends to wash one out since my skin is very light, but makeup and blush, etc. take care of that.

It's a new look for me, and one I am embracing!

How wonderful you're done with chemo!  Rearranges life priorities I bet!

I have heard many people get way different hair growing back.  Dark to white, white to dark, and every combination.  Even straight to curly, curly to straight, different texture, etc.

If you like it, that's all that matters.  And that goes for anyone.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@kivah  I have fair skin & green eyes as well. I tried to stop coloring my hair by having many light highlights put in and letting the white hair (not grey) grow in naturally. Almost everyone who saw me asked if I felt well or commented how pale I looked, etc. I tried it for 6 months & went tomhave my hair colored at the salon. I'm back to being a brunette, but at 68, she made it a few shades lighter & added a little auburn. My eyes brightened, my skin is no longer sallow and I don't look like I have the flu. No white hair for me for quite a while.

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21  Oh yes. Highlighlighs are damaging. It's bleach. When I stopped highlighting my dark hair tomblend in the white, I had to go to someone who specializes in color correction. Before anything. she did a deep moisture treatment & then a deep protein treatment. After that a color selected that was a reddish brown....and a glaze was added afterwards to add back the shine. But not finished yet. The damaged hair had to be cut off. It was frizzy, broken off and damaged. I lost 2" all over. Is highlighting bad for your hair? I'll never do it again!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Hi Shanus, thanks so much for the response.  Wow, my stylist never said anything, but it's obviously damaged... I guess it's either bleach to lighten and risk damage or stay dark... Can't have it all.. isn't that just life?  Anyhow, now I know!  Happy hair days!  Skye 🌟

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

PSX_20170202_181710.jpg 

Six years ago stopped coloring, Told myself if I didn't like the results would color. Loved my shades of grey. Both Grandmother's had beautiful silver hair. Why compare between coloring or not? Do what makes you feel best. "Live and Let Live" 💗

You are very pretty!

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

Yay @hyacinth003!  Enjoy that smokin' hot auburn hair and beautiful skin!  Good for you!  Smiley Happy