Respected Contributor

@Tricolor  That is so frustrating and one feels like a pawn. Wisconsin's Govenor wanted us on lock down until a vaccine was available.How many months before a vaccine is out.?  I dont understand . It is like they do not know what reality is?  So the court over ruled him.  I live in a low case area ,however tourist season is here and I wear a mask shopping. Wal-Mart had an increase of 25% sales on Thurs. 

Places are using the CDC guidelines. My salon visit was good. The salon was pristine and removed of clutter. I saw many bottles of disinfectant.  I felt so awful waiting for three months for a haircut.  I feel so much better and happier. I hope you can get in soon.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

We're very naughty, we're not following the Stay At Home order so our Governor says they may be forced to extend it AGAIN...at this rate it may be months before I get a cut & color. Good grief, ugh & other words I can't post here.

@kitcat51, if by "naughty," you mean that your state didn't reach its guidelines for going to the next phase, then good for your governor.

I am all for opening up where an area has proved that it has met the requirements; otherwise, no.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

We're very naughty, we're not following the Stay At Home order so our Governor says they may be forced to extend it AGAIN...at this rate it may be months before I get a cut & color. Good grief, ugh & other words I can't post here.

@kitcat51, if by "naughty," you mean that your state didn't reach its guidelines for going to the next phase, then good for your governor.

I am all for opening up where an area has proved that it has met the requirements; otherwise, no.

Our Governor has granted themselves the power, ignoring the legislature & the courts....once again the lockdown has been extended into the middle of June. We are paying the Governor to destroy us... small businesses are closing for good & many of our decent hard working people have had enough, they're moving out of State. 1.7 million have applied for unemployment & many more can't get into the system to apply & when asked what guidelines the Governor is using to reopen the State, here's the reply... It depends on human nature, it depends on human activity. I'm volunteering & I see everyday what this shutdown is doing to people, it's heartbreaking, it's maddening & it's wrong. Our Governor also issued an order that put covid patients into nursing homes...a complete disaster.

Valued Contributor

I feel like my state (WA) will never again be open!  

My hair appt was for 3/12 and didn't get to keep it as shut down!  Hair hasn't been cut, colored/foiled silnce 1/24!!!!  I don't think it will be done till end of July at this rate.  I'm discussed.  My salon is a 1 person show just the owner and one client at a time!  

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@kitcat51 , our governor has been toying with us. Every week he ups the anty for the goal we are to meet. Every week we meet  that goal and still no salons or other nonessentials are open here. I have many unkind words for him and his secretary of health who is a complete joke.

@Tricolor 

Two simple words...POWER LUST.  It's all about control...he doesn't care about YOU or the economy...only that he has the power to control your life....and get more government hand-outs.  

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

So those of you accusing your governors or other leaders of being power-crazy, let me ask you this: Has your state complied with all the requirements set in place? Is it possible that your governors are concerned that state is not progressing enough, that opening up salons and whatever else people seem so concerned about could actually hurt the economy in the long run if it is indeed premature?

I have a inch of gray at this point, and my attempt at comb-overs are not working so well. But somehow I will get through this.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Had mine done after almost 3 months! Feel like a new woman! 

Honored Contributor

I am so jealous but happy for whoever is able to get their haircut.

My mammogram appointment has been cancelled 4 times. And I doubt that the appointment that is currently set up will happen. So I have no idea when I will be able to get a hair cut. 

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@kitcat51 , our governor has been toying with us. Every week he ups the anty for the goal we are to meet. Every week we meet  that goal and still no salons or other nonessentials are open here. I have many unkind words for him and his secretary of health who is a complete joke.

@Tricolor 

Two simple words...POWER LUST.  It's all about control...he doesn't care about YOU or the economy...only that he has the power to control your life....and get more government hand-outs.  

@SurferWife , you are so right. This creep isn't up for re-election either so he can do whatever and knows he doesn't need to seek our votes. Our legislators have even petitioned him to open up more businesses and he turns a deaf ear. Well I can sleep at night knowing that I did not vote for this piece of trash in the first place. Ok now I feel better venting. Have a very safe Memorial Day.

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

@Tricolor  That is so frustrating and one feels like a pawn. Wisconsin's Govenor wanted us on lock down until a vaccine was available.How many months before a vaccine is out.?  I dont understand . It is like they do not know what reality is?  So the court over ruled him.  I live in a low case area ,however tourist season is here and I wear a mask shopping. Wal-Mart had an increase of 25% sales on Thurs. 

Places are using the CDC guidelines. My salon visit was good. The salon was pristine and removed of clutter. I saw many bottles of disinfectant.  I felt so awful waiting for three months for a haircut.  I feel so much better and happier. I hope you can get in soon.

@Gorgf , I live in PA and that was his original statement that we have to wait for a vaccine. My goodness that could be year or more! The county that I live had 38 deaths. We had 104 deaths from the flu this year. This has been carried to extremes in some areas of the country. I know there are areas that were hit terribly hard but this is not one size fits all when determining our economics. Hoping that he loosens up his restraints soon. You have a very safe Memorial Day.