Honored Contributor

Sally Hansen's new Vinylux-like polish - 47 shades

It's Sally Hansen's turn to answer the Vinylux challenge. They're releasing 47 shades that need no base coat, just a top coat. No wear test yet, but this same blog should be posting one in the next week. Here's a link to a review a pictures. It also includes a link to a shade chart near the top of the post.

http://imabeautygeek.com/2014/05/22/sally-hansen-miracle-gel-first-look-first-swatches/#axzz32UeQsuS...

Respected Contributor

Re: Sally Hansen's new Vinylux-like polish - 47 shades

August! I want it now! It will be October before it hits my rural stores. I'll have to drive to a big city to get it. Oh poo!

Contributor

I use the cnd vinylux now so will be interested in these.
Super Contributor

Can someone be kind enough to explain "" Vinylux"" to me? How are these polishes different from regular ones? TY! Smiley Happy

Contributor

I feel vinylux covers up better on me, my nails are awful and peel, have used about everything and nothing helps but at least I can get several days wear from vinylux.
Honored Contributor

I just cannot get past the idea of no base coat, I think it is necessary, hides imperfections in nails as well as strengthens.

Respected Contributor

I don't do my fingernails..I have them professionally done.

I do my own toe nails and never use a base coat and never have any issues of the polish staying. Often if my toes nails did not grow out it would be fine lol. I do them myself every ten to fourteen days depending. I also have a pool and am in a lot and they hold up.

I use primarily OPI and China Glaze..but have also used Hard Candy and that holds up well too.

I never use a base coat.

Honored Contributor

On 5/22/2014 Irishrose136 said:

Can someone be kind enough to explain "" Vinylux"" to me? How are these polishes different from regular ones? TY! Smiley Happy

It is the same as a ""shellac manicure"" but with out the harmful lights to cure the polish

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.