Respected Contributor

Re: Sally Hansen Miracle Gel ...Lasts 14 days..

On 4/6/2015 taja123 said:
On 4/4/2015 mima said:

Gel polish ruined my nails. I am still trying to get them back in shape. I won't use them again. It wasn't that brand though.

Gel didn't ruin my nails but I couldn't get the dang stuff off. Not using anymore.

Dampen a cotton ball in acetone, place on top of the nail, wrap with a bit of tin foil to keep the cotton ball in place and let soak like that for 10 minutes. I find using straight acetone is quickest and cleanest for nail polish removal. I know it can be harsh, but all of it is, and the less expose I have to it the better, so the quicker I get my polish off, the less my nails are exposed to it. I make sure I use a good cuticle oil when finished and lotion for my hands.

Super Contributor

I just wish I had the ambition to paint my nails. but when I do, you all have provided me with some good choices!

Respected Contributor

I also take Andrew Lessman's Healthy Hair Skin and Nails vitamins daily. That has really helped my nails. Hair too.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

I love it...are you sure it isn't your remover that is drying out your nails? I do use a base coat, even though you don't have to, and of course, you have to use the matching top coat.