Respected Contributor

Re: Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Valstybaby 

My car seats are heated/cooled also. I only use the cover in the summer when I am self-tanning. I turn off the seat temp controls. In the winter I take the seat cover off until late spring when I start self-tanning again.

Thank you 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have used this before and have some in my bathroom right now.

It is okay for work or special occassions but it does transfer.  I put it on once when we were out on our boat.  It wasn't a super hot and humid day.  However, when I got up, the seat had brown on it where my legs were resting against it.  I also wore it once with a pair of crop pants and had my legs crossed. When I uncrossed them, there was brown streaks on my other pant leg.   

I also think sometimes in natural light the legs almost look embalmed.   

I do have to use a netted sponge to scrub it off and you can see all the brown coming off and going all over my shower, which then requires some rinsing. 

I have used both the one in the can and the one in the tube.  If I use the one in the can, I spray the product into my hand and then apply.  I never spray directly on. That would be too big of a mess.  

Personally I much prefer Mine Tan.

I have used the SH product like this also and like you I found it to transfer....I only used it for a wedding one time.  

Question for you about Mine Tan....or any sunless tanner for that matter.....what do you do about that "developing" smell?  I recently have been trying the clear gel product by St. Tropez....and it did really well....no transfer but after awhile that stink is going on.  I only did my legs a few days ago.  The tan has lasted and no freckling (or spotting) but I hate that stink!  Not sure if I could stand to put it on my arms.  

It does fade down in smell by the next day after a shower but I swear I can still smell it.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite 

MineTan does not stink! That's what I like about it, besides the great results I get from it.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

I have used the SH product like this also and like you I found it to transfer....I only used it for a wedding one time.  

Question for you about Mine Tan....or any sunless tanner for that matter.....what do you do about that "developing" smell?  I recently have been trying the clear gel product by St. Tropez....and it did really well....no transfer but after awhile that stink is going on.  I only did my legs a few days ago.  The tan has lasted and no freckling (or spotting) but I hate that stink!  Not sure if I could stand to put it on my arms.  

It does fade down in smell by the next day after a shower but I swear I can still smell it.

@tsavorite, I honestly do not notice that smell with Mine Tan.  Like you, I have tried tons of self-tanners.  I had finally found a favorite, that didn't stink, but it was discontinued years ago.  From then on, my search was on.  Every single one of them I tried stunk.  They either stunk to high heaven while developing or they had that frito smell after they developed, especially if it was warm and humid outside.  

I only do my legs because my arms and chest get a natural tan from the sun but my legs are very resistent to tanning for some reason.  I really don't notice a smell.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tsavorite 

MineTan does not stink! That's what I like about it, besides the great results I get from it.Smiley Happy

@SilleeMee  they have alot of them to choose from here at Q which one do you use?  

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  You described the smell perfectly in your reply!  I am wondering if perhaps it could be "me"...you know something about my own personal chemistry that causes this??

I did go look at Mine Tan here on Q but the reviews are mixed....some love it or hate it...it transfers and stinks...others say there is no smell.  Which one do you use??

I know I can't ever put self tanner on my face due to my rosacea...my face "heats" up....during the developing and oh boy it's not good!  Did that once thinking I could hide my ugly skin disease but that was a no go and I never did that again.

What I really like about the one I have is that there is no color guide...it's just clear going on.  No product comes off....and after several applications someone as ghost white as I actually had tanned legs!  I never could get my lower legs to tan.....when young and trying to tan.  I burned...or got some color on my arms.  

I may try this on my arms and see how it goes....otherwise I may have to return it.

Thank you for reply!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite 

I've used the Caramel foam and the Violet foam. To me the Caramel gives me more of a golden tan, whereas the Violet gives me a browner tan. I like both. They are very forgiving I think. 

Get a mitt! Makes the foam easy to apply streak-free. You'll get color right away.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tsavorite 

I've used the Caramel foam and the Violet foam. To me the Caramel gives me more of a golden tan, whereas the Violet gives me a browner tan. I like both. They are very forgiving I think. 

Get a mitt! Makes the foam easy to apply streak-free. You'll get color right away.

The Violet one sounds like the one to try then....sometimes in the past other sunless tanners turned me a sickly odd yellow then orange!  I have such pale skin with pinkness to it all over.  

Ya those mitts everyone reviews and says the mitts are a must....will do!  

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tsavorite 

The Violet one sounds like the one to try then....sometimes in the past other sunless tanners turned me a sickly odd yellow then orange!  I have such pale skin with pinkness to it all over.  

@tsavoriteI would suggest you go to the Mine Tan website.  They have a tan selector guide based on a few questions you answer.  That's what I did before I made any purchase.

I use the Coconut Water formula.  That is the one they suggested and the only one I've tried.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tsavorite 

@tsavoriteI would suggest you go to the Mine Tan website.  They have a tan selector guide based on a few questions you answer.  That's what I did before I made any purchase.

I use the Coconut Water formula.  That is the one they suggested and the only one I've tried.

I went and did that tan selector on the site....I played around asking for different choices just to see based on what I told them.  I used the same pale white skin as my selection but normal or dry skin as selections to see.  It did recommend the coconut water to me.  But depending on what color I chose it suggested different ones too.

I was thinking of the violet one yesterday but changed my mind on that as violet counter acts yellow and I don't have any yellow tones....I am pink/red/white...like a piggy LOL! 

I am going to try the coconut water one from Q....since it's free shipping day!  I just hope it doesn't smell on me...if it does that must mean my chemistry just reacts differently then yours and I am destined to "stink" LOL

Thanks for the help!