Honored Contributor

Re: Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs

The spray version always made a mess in my bathroom, and I found it difficult to apply evenly. They also make the product in a tube which is less messy so I buy that instead of the spray. I mix a little with my body lotion sometimes to give my legs a bit of color. In my experience neither version stayed on after a shower. 

Valued Contributor

Does the Sally Hansen product have fragrance? Thanks! May have to try!

Honored Contributor

I have used the product on and off for years..it works well.

Frequent Contributor

I’ve used this for years, in the tube version (no overspray).  It can come off on the inside of your clothing if it’s humid or you’re sweaty; but washes right out.  Works great for some quick color.

Respected Contributor

I need something that won’t come off on my light gray car seats. Anyone know of anything?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Valstybaby wrote:

I need something that won’t come off on my light gray car seats. Anyone know of anything?

@Valstybaby 

I bought an inexpensive car seat slipcover. That way I can remove and wash it when necessary. I don't want to take a chance at getting my seats stained with whatever. My seats are light gray, too.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl great review!  I was wondering about that product and now I'll try it.  Thanks for posting a good color also, as I'm fair.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used this before and have some in my bathroom right now.

It is okay for work or special occassions but it does transfer.  I put it on once when we were out on our boat.  It wasn't a super hot and humid day.  However, when I got up, the seat had brown on it where my legs were resting against it.  I also wore it once with a pair of crop pants and had my legs crossed. When I uncrossed them, there was brown streaks on my other pant leg.   

I also think sometimes in natural light the legs almost look embalmed.   

I do have to use a netted sponge to scrub it off and you can see all the brown coming off and going all over my shower, which then requires some rinsing. 

I have used both the one in the can and the one in the tube.  If I use the one in the can, I spray the product into my hand and then apply.  I never spray directly on. That would be too big of a mess.  

Personally I much prefer Mine Tan.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

@Valstybaby 

I bought an inexpensive car seat slipcover. That way I can remove and wash it when necessary. I don't want to take a chance at getting my seats stained with whatever. My seats are light gray, too.

My car seats have heat and cooling and says not to cover the vents or it might overheat. 

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby 

My car seats are heated/cooled also. I only use the cover in the summer when I am self-tanning. I turn off the seat temp controls. In the winter I take the seat cover off until late spring when I start self-tanning again.