Esteemed Contributor

Sali Hughes interviews Bobbi Brown

British beauty editor Sali Hughes talks to beauty guru Bobbi Brown and what she's up to now. The 2 part video is on Sali Hughes youtube  channel salihughesbeauty.

The videoclips titles are "In the bathroom with Bobbi Brown 2018 part 1 and part 2. 

You'll have bathroom envy when you see how big her bathrrom is...it's the size of a bedroom. What you'll also notice is how clean and paired down it looks as they tour the room. 

Fun fact...Bobbi doesn't put on her makeup in the bathroom either.

Anyway, go to youtube and enjoy this fun look into her life!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sali Hughes interviews Bobbi Brown

wrote:

British beauty editor Sali Hughes talks to beauty guru Bobbi Brown and what she's up to now. The 2 part video is on Sali Hughes youtube  channel salihughesbeauty.

The videoclips titles are "In the bathroom with Bobbi Brown 2018 part 1 and part 2. 

You'll have bathroom envy when you see how big her bathrrom is...it's the size of a bedroom. What you'll also notice is how clean and paired down it looks as they tour the room. 

Fun fact...Bobbi doesn't put on her makeup in the bathroom either.

Anyway, go to youtube and enjoy this fun look into her life!

@TY

Quite curious hmmm...however would like to pull her hair lol for disowning/selling out her line :/

Bobbi Brown was good... when it was authenically BB!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Esteemed Contributor

@mimi5775

Reading between the lines, Bobbi Brown and the Estee Lauder management did not see eye to eye on her company and since Bobbi didn't own the company she ultimately decided to leave her namesake company. It's a cautionary tale when a brand owner's name is on the product, you sell, out and lose control of your company. I don't doubt that she signed an NDA - non disclosure and non disparagement clause - so she can t dish the real dirt.

I bet that boutique hotel that her husband and she are involved with will be a success!

Honored Contributor

They were interesting videos for quite a few reasons. It was obvious that she and Lauder did NOT agree on the direction Lauder wanted to take the line and so she left. The issues regarding direction have been going on for years; I mean years. Either it was simply too far gone for her at this point or she had enough money in the bank or may the BOD forced her out....who knows.

I got a strange vibe watching the two of them together; as if they were playing nice for the sake of the interview or something. I don't know...the "friendly" vibe came off false right from the beginning. It does appear that she's jumping on the "green" wagon, that's for sure, as her next venture.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@TY

Quite curious hmmm...however would like to pull her hair lol for disowning/selling out her line :/

Bobbi Brown was good... when it was authenically BB!

@mimi5775  ITA!  Although I know all about the long going rift between Bobbi and the Lauder company, I still pout over her walking away from her namesake brand. Woman Sad  It's just not the same.  In fact, several years before Bobbi walked I had reduced the number of products I purchased from the brand, but maybe this is something only those who had been with Bobbi since the pre Lauder era could notice about how products were changing.

Trusted Contributor

l like Sali's "In the Bathroom" series and Bobbi seems like a no nonsence person.  You could tell there was no love lost between her and the Lauder company. 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIamwrote:

They were interesting videos for quite a few reasons. It was obvious that she and Lauder did NOT agree on the direction Lauder wanted to take the line and so she left. The issues regarding direction have been going on for years; I mean years. Either it was simply too far gone for her at this point or she had enough money in the bank or may the BOD forced her out....who knows.

I got a strange vibe watching the two of them together; as if they were playing nice for the sake of the interview or something. I don't know...the "friendly" vibe came off false right from the beginning. It does appear that she's jumping on the "green" wagon, that's for sure, as her next venture.

@SahmIam  Bobbi Brown is still really big in UK. Check products on their Q and on YouTube Hannah Martin, UK’s head B.B. mu artist....great videos on new products come out monthly. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I love Hannah, lol. I subscribed to her the first time I saw one of her videos. You're right, BB is huge in the UK. Wonder if the love will fade...then again, I think her base customer is older here in the US because she started out here. In the UK, it's a "newer" brand, if you will. I will say that some of the best stuff comes out over there but we don't see it here. Shame but it's all about the numbers and right now, BB is flying high over there.

Regular Contributor

I thought Bobbi sold her company to Lauder in 1995, and gradually lost her creative influence over her namesake brand.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I thought Bobbi sold her company to Lauder in 1995, and gradually lost her creative influence over her namesake brand.

Yes, Bobbi Brown did sell her company to Estee Lauder back in 1995 and was still the creative director. But in the end when you don't own your company you don't get a say in it when there's disputes with the owner. I would guess she also cannot use her own name when it comes to makeup and skin care if she were to develop another cosmetic line.