Honored Contributor

We were driving back from the beach today, car loaded back, wall to wall traffic (July 4th), and the salon at Belk actually called me to see when I wanted my hair done!

Called on a holliday???????  VERY poor!

I use to work at Belk, had my hair done there for 5 years.  My stylist moved.  There were other stylists I would have liked to have gone to. 

For some unknown reason, the manager who knew me well put me with a very young stylist!  She cut too much off, didn't discuss it at all and didn't redo my cut!!!!!!!  The color is another story too.  No discussion and not two colors (or didn't turn out well).  

I am done and shocked at the manager who knew me SO well!

A former student in her 50's has a salon across town and does another former student's hair (whom is the mgr at my allergy shot office) and she and I have the same color hair (WHEN mine is done correct!) naturally!!!  

Respected Contributor

Why did you even answer the phone? 

Respected Contributor

Remember, it's not a holiday for them.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't be offended if I received a call on July 4th.  I would suggest not answering the phone if you don't want to talk on a holiday.

Honored Contributor

???? 

With salons just starting to reopen, I think it's GOOD customer service to receive a call to schedule appointments.  

That's not a SALES TACTIC, it's CUSTOMER SERVICE! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

These people have been out of work for months. Doing what they have to to survive.

I wouldn't have minded.

Honored Contributor

Since you yourself are in retail, it is surprising that someone else's self promotion is offensive to you. Retail and salons are open on holidays and this person probably needs the income after the massive closures.

Honored Contributor

I thought this thread was going to be about QVC sales tactics, so I didn't read it until now.  To get upset because a salon calls on this nation's birthday?  I agree, if you don't want to accepts calls on a holiday, don't answer the phone.  That's just so odd to me that one would find that unacceptable.  Just because a phone rings doesn't mean we are required to answer it.

I actually got my nails/pedi done yesterday morning.  My nail salon wasn't shut down.  In fact, when I was getting my nails done my hairdresser texted me to see if I would like to come in earlier for my next appointment.  I was glad she did because she knows I would rather not have to drive into Honolulu on a Saturday afternoon.

Enjoy the Independence Day holiday and ignore the phone.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I am hoping and wishing for a phone call from my hair stylist.  I would go any day she could take me.  I need a cut and color so badly.