Respected Contributor

I really, really love this soap.  I have (cyctic) acne prone, oily clogged skin and this soap is a miracle. Look for it on the big A store and read the reviews.  It is $6.99 for one bar, but is cheaper the more bars you buy.  No, I don't work for them.  These are the basic points of the soap. 

• 10% Sulfur, 3% Salicylic Acid
  • Antiseptic (antibacterial, antifungal)
  • Comedolytic (unclog acne-prone pores)
  • Keratolytic Action (exfoliant)
  • pH Balancing (can help restore natural pH 5.5)

I also highly recommend trying the sulfur butter for a moisturizer. Never in my life did I ever think I could put any kind of "butter" on my face and not break out.  It takes a while to clean out all the pores.  I have used it now or a couple of weeks and my face already looks better.  They have a combo set of $11.99 (I think) for the soap and butter.  The butter is small but goes a long ways.  They also sell the butter in bigger jars and the bigger the jar, the cheaper it gets per oz.

My face is smoother, the bumps along my chin are gone.  My face is so calm, no redness.  This stuff is so gentle and non drying.  I used to have such irritated skin from using acne products.  My pores are getting cleaner by the day.

You can use the soap as a shampoo for scalp problems.  I tried it on my hair and didn't like it.  My hair felt dirty all day.  Just a heads up on that.  Some people rave about it for the scalp, just not me.  Maybe I didn't lather it enough?

Anyway, it's fairly cheap for skincare and I love it.  It's worth trying.

Honored Contributor

@mima

Thanks for the information. I will try this soap. I'm happy that you have had great results.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sal3 Soap my miracle!

[ Edited ]

I'm too old to have acne but kept getting breakouts around my temple area & down to the sides of my eyes. I guess it's all from menopause & hormones. I never had acne problems when I was a teenager. My face used to be really oily but I would say it's on the dry side now.

I started using Andrew Lessman Women's Wellness about 2 1/2 months ago & my face has really cleared up & looks so much better. If I had known this product would do that I would have started taking it years ago. My hair also seems to be doing better. I feel better which is a big plus.

I only take 1 capsule per day. I cannot take 2 because it has EGCG in it that hypes me up. I cannot sleep if I take 2.

Glad it's working for you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sal3 Soap my miracle!

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

I'm too old to have acne but kept getting breakouts around my temple area & down to the sides of my eyes. I guess it's all from menopause & hormones. I never had acne problems when I was a teenager. My face used to be really oily but I would say it's on the dry side now.

I started using Andrew Lessman Women's Wellness about 2 1/2 months ago & my face has really cleared up & looks so much better. If I had known this product would do that I would have started taking it years ago. My hair also seems to be doing better. I feel better which is a big plus.

I only take 1 capsule per day. I cannot take 2 because it has EGCG in it that hypes me up. I cannot sleep if I take 2.

@Nightowlz  I'm too old to have acne too but I have it!  LOL  I'm 60.  I might check into those vitamins.  I need more energy.  I'm assuming if you are hyped up you have more energy?  Thanks for mentioning them.

I had breakouts in those exact areas you are mentioning years ago and figured out I was allergic to the shampoo I was using.  My head was fine, I was just breaking out on my temples and sides.  Just an idea.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz  I just checked them out.  It looks like they are for women going through meno. I'm way past that with no hot flashes or mood swings.  I'm assuming those aren't for me, right?  I've never seen a presentation on them.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for your review! 

I'm curious about this soap & may try it. There are a few red flags for me though - many reviews on Amazon mention how it dries out skin. Almost all similar products eventually do that to me & I am left with oily, acne-prone, flakey skin. It also contains coconut oil, one of the oils most likely to cause clogged pores. That it is in a product meant to do the opposite does not make any sense to me. 

I'll through the review and then decide. I might try it a few days per week to see if that will let me get good results w/o drying my skin too much. 

From the the reviews I have read it seems the soap is good for some scalp problems & also for using on the entire body for some skin conditions.

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

@Nightowlz  I just checked them out.  It looks like they are for women going through meno. I'm way past that with no hot flashes or mood swings.  I'm assuming those aren't for me, right?  I've never seen a presentation on them.  Thanks!

@mima I don't know. I'm 58 & already had the hot flashes, night sweats & a whole list of other nasty symptoms. I started all that in my early 40's. I thought I was done. I started having mood swings, irritability & some other symptoms. I tried to get help from my doctor but that was a no go. I felt like I lost my mojo if that makes sense. I figured mine was all hormone related so figured I would try Women's Wellness before going from doctor to doctor looking for help I know I won't find. It's helping me so I'm going to keep taking it even though I'm hypothyroid & not suppose to use soy. I'm going to ask my new doctor about that when I see him in Oct. At least I can get labs done to see it the soy has effected my amount of thyroid medication I take. My labs were fine in Apr.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3  I have super oily skin to begin with.  I started out using the soap and was using my regular moisturizer (Murad) and I wasn't a bit dry. Then I decided since the soap was so calming that I'd try the sulfur butter.  I love that stuff too.  I don't even want to use up my Murad now.  I just use the butter sparingly during the day so my face doesn't get oily.  I put on more at night.

I don't think the soap is drying for me, but I do have super oily skin.  

It does have a very slight sulfur smell, but that doesn't bother me at all.  It goes away very fast.

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz  I'm too old to have acne too but I have it!  LOL  I'm 60.  I might check into those vitamins.  I need more energy.  I'm assuming if you are hyped up you have more energy?  Thanks for mentioning them.

I had breakouts in those exact areas you are mentioning years ago and figured out I was allergic to the shampoo I was using.  My head was fine, I was just breaking out on my temples and sides.  Just an idea.

@mima Well I'm 58. It does seem to give me more energy. I thought after I took it for a while I would be able to take 2 but so far cannot do that. I feel better taking 1 so will probably leave it at that.

I know it's the EGCG making me feel hyped up because I don't drink coffee. Caffeine hypes me up. If coffee does not do that to you I don't think you will have that problem. I bought the 90 days supply to start. I just bought the 360 ct bottle the end of July when they had free shipping & reduced pricing on it on HSN during their birthday month.

Amazon also has that Sal S soap bar in a shampoo bar & in a bottle of liquid shampoo for the scalp.

I wondered if breaking out in that area was from shampoo/conditioner. I always rinse the suds of my face as I'm washing my hair. I also just started washing my face after I do my hair instead of before to see if that would help.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz  Thanks for the info on the shampoo.  I didn't know they sold that!  I might give that a try.

I will keep reading the info on the vitamins.  Thanks for your info!