Respected Contributor

Sahmlam: my Charlotte Tilbury haul:)

Spoiler

Shaman, I received it yesterday and even taking it out of the box was like unwrapping gifts of jewelry. The compact that the contour comes in reminds me of the beautiful compacts my grandmother had in the twenties-same for the lipstick: beautiful. I love the the "Perfect #itch" shade: I am fair and normally a shade in that range washes me out. 

Last night I layered the blush over the blush I was wearing using a brush from the mini brush set-and it went on beautifully!

I can't wait to try the samples, but I did try the scent sample, and I don't care for it: it reminds me of that Axe stuff my son used to douse himself with.

Somehow, I forgot to order the palette, but I did that yesterday and I was offered a choice of two foundation samples which I am really looking forward to trying.

Have you tried the Beach Sticks? They look gorgeous and easy to use.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Re: Sahmlam: my Charlotte Tilbury haul:)

I LOVE her site and her customer service!!! Her boxes are one of the reasons I order from her site; the bigger ones are collected by many, lol.

Her packaging is definitely Art Deco; she loves the art from that period and is all about the glamour/feminine look of that era. Some people complain that her compacts shouldn't be made out of plastic but I don't mind, to be honest.

Thrilled the lipstick worked for you: I wish it had on me and that stinks about the palette but you will be thrilled when it arrives.

I have a HUGE order I want to place but I'm waiting....saving up my pennies till I have enough and then BOOM!! lolol.

The Beach Sticks are the only thing I have not tried but her newest kits (the 5 Minute ones) feature them in 2 of them and the demos look amazing. Seeing them used like that is why I love her videos; it shows how the products can be used and helps with color choices. 

WHich foundation did you choose? I LOVE the Magic Foundation; the finish and glow is great but if you have dry skin, make sure you layer on a hydrating moisturizer. The other one is great as well with a more dewy finish. I try to get as many samples as possible, lololol.

Honored Contributor

Hi,

I have tried samples of her Magic Foundation and I love it! Have either of you tried her mascara? If so which one? I also want to try one of her lippies, I believe it is called Stone Rose!!!!!!!I love her website!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hallam, this morning I tried my new purchases, and I am in love!  My eyes are in great shape thanks to Tria and Nuface, but after I saw Eye Rescue demo'd-I ordered it, and I am so glad I did:  it is incredibly rich, but a tiny amount goes a really long way: you get a lot of bang for your buck( or should I say pound?Smiley Happy.  It delivered a beautiful glow, but I do recommend the baking technique for using it to keep mascara and liner in place. From the instructions, it looks like a night treatment, but who cares?

I will play with the Wonder Glow samples this weekend just to try them....

I love the contour: natural and believable describes it with-hallelujah-no red! The highlighter is multi-tasking and smooth.

I forgot that I ordered and received the "touch d'eclat" equivalent, but I have no doubt I will love it.

I don't remember the foundation samples I ordered: one is matte and the other is light reflecting.  It really is difficult to judge foundation colors on screen. I really need full coverage such as what Doll 10 Hydrogel or It Bye bye Foundation: I am thrilled with both of those.

I have already violated my own resolution to not buy more, but whoops I did it again....two quad eye palettes and a blush/ lipstick set in Ecstasy.....  I'm going to save the Beach Sticks for another time. I saw the video where she shows them on a young face, but my concern is that living in Florida, when the humidity kicks up, there is a fine line between looking Dewey vs greasy!

Have you tried her mascara? Right now Doll 10 is my "go to"....but being a true MU addict, we never can wait to get our paws on something new.....sigh.....Have a great day,

Poodlepet2

Contributor

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here!  I have purchased twice from Charlotte Tilbury.  Once was her lipsticks in Very Victoria and the liner in Foxy Brown and then the Nude Kate lipstick and the Iconic Nude lipliner.  This last time I purchased one of the new 5 minute makeup bags.  I got the Natural Glowing one I think.  I am in love with them.   The makeup and the packaging! LOL! 

Respected Contributor

Her face palettes are on my wish list.  

Respected Contributor

MOfirmer , now that I have some of the basics, I think I will diversify by trying "the looks".

Do you know -or anybody-know if the Kohl pencils are self-sharpening?  I refuse to buy pencils that I have to sharpen: not only do I feel as if I'm wasting them, but I have had some nasty scratches from sharpened wood. I have a Trish Mcavoy (sic) kohl pencil that I love.....but I save it for special occasions....

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

I have and use both her mascaras. Her Full, Fat Lashes is equivalent to BB Smoky Eye Mascara; thick lashes with nice length but not over the top. Here Legendary Lashes is over the top for thickness and length; they give my natural lashes the look of wearing vavavoom false lashes! I do not have issue with either smudging on me.

None of her eye pencils are self-sharpening. That said, I still use them because they don't smear and since I tight-line, they don't come off or get on my contacts.

Stoned Rose is a beautiful warm rose with a goldish tinge. I could not wear it because I can't wear warm shades : (

Respected Contributor

I love the names she has given her line....I giggle when I think of what inspires her: "Stoned Rose" is a perfect example!

I may try one her eye crayons in the future: it's been awhile since I've used one of those.  Please don't tell me that they too have to be sharpened.

I tight line too, but I use gels. For years I used Laura Geller but I decided to give Doll 10 gels a try: they are beautiful and last until I take it off. 

The Legendary mascara sounds incredible.....by December of next year, I  think......oh check-who am I kidding? I think I will buy myself a Valentine's Day gift!

For those of you familiar with her foundation-and I do not need more foundation (I need to make myself write that a thousand times!) But I went back and looked at the Magic Foundation: to me, I look as if 3 or 5 could match: they look so similar-or do you think it's how I'm perceiving it?  I guess I could request those samples-but it's a big difference.  When you look at the samples alone, you can see clearly that 3.5 is yellow based, and I do have redness issues, but she says it's full coverage.....

Thank you all for chatting with me! Have a great weekend and try to stay warm!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 Yep, they need to be sharpened as well.

I use her kohl pencils to tightline; same texture as the BB gel liners. 

As for her foundations: there is often a warm, a cool and a neutral available in the each range. Knowing this, you could absolutely be a 3 or 5... just depends on the level of your skin.