Honored Contributor

Re: Safety of Bare Minerals Cosmetics

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I always question the safety of inhaling the powder when you apply it. I doubt most people hold their breath when applying it..... If someone used it for years and inhaled the powder into  their lungs I can not see any good out if that and possibly cause issues down the road.  Health and beauty items are  not regulated for safety so no warning would be given on the packaging.  Same goes for hair spray. That is extremely toxic to inhale. Bit when you are in the bathroom spraying it on your hair...it is hard to hold your breath.   No warnings on inhaling that either on the packaging.

you are pretty much on your own in this area.

@SeaMaiden

Never thought much about anyone inhaling powder ....  I always hold my breath when applying mineral makeup.  I honestly have no idea what anyone else does. hmm.

Honored Contributor

Re: Safety of Bare Minerals Cosmetics

The only even remotely potential adverse reaction to inhaling powder was when it contained asbestos. That ended in the 1970s.

Now the question is whether talc is a possible contributor to ovarian cancer through the use near on on the genital area.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland