Honored Contributor

Re: Sad truth about Olive Oil Scrub

Skinn Cosmetics has a product called Olive & Enzyme Body Polish that doesn't seem to have any thing objectionable in it. It's a very nice body polish, I think I got mine in one of his kits.

Super Contributor

I need to find a sugar scrub or something without micro beads. It makes total sense, but I never thought about it until I heard the story.

I make an effort to recycle etc, so this really made me think and and want to change my behavior.

Don't know what I will do without the Phil micro delivery - hope they find something environmentally friendly.

Michele

Frequent Contributor

thank you everyone. I threw out my Philosophy OO scrub because of the polyethylene. Found Trader's Joe's sea salt lavender body scrub ($5.99). How does qvc ship this item to states that have outlawed? Peace to all

Respected Contributor

On 4/5/2015 lolakimono said:

You can make your own. Smile

Sugar Olive Oil Scrub

You Need:

Three tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Two tablespoons organic honey (does not have to be organic, regular honey is fine, too)

One half cup organic sugar (does not have to be organic, regular sugar is fine too, but no Splenda)

Measuring utensils

One chopstick or stirring stick

One clean container

How do you not slip in the shower?
Valued Contributor

suzyQ3 is right, the Senate did not pass the Bill. I found this online "The bill, AB1699, fell just one vote short of the 21 vote majority required to become law. However, according to EcoWatch, the bill’s sponsors have been granted reconsideration, so if one absentee legislator is willing to vote on it, the bill will pass the Senate and return to the California Assembly for concurrence." Let's keep our fingers crossed that it will eventually pass. BTW, suzyQ3, thank you for this Post. I knew nothing about it. I went and checked and luckily I don't own any products that contain polyethylene/ micro beads.
Honored Contributor

Smiley Sad((

Valued Contributor

I can't recall the name of the original creator of Philosophy....was it Christina? If she had not sold the company, things like that wouldn't be happening. I always am sad when a product/line that I like sells out to the Q. The products change over time and eventually are almost unrecogniseable to the original product. Does anyone remember how Tova changed so dramatically when QVC bought the company? There are so many others too. Very sad and, unfair to the customers who were loyal to a product.
Honored Contributor

I did not realize toothpaste contained plastic beads! I don't use crest but will have to check out my Colgate
Honored Contributor

There are many DIY body scrubs

Contributor

On 4/5/2015 lolakimono said:

You can make your own. Smile

Sugar Olive Oil Scrub

You Need:

Three tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Two tablespoons organic honey (does not have to be organic, regular honey is fine, too)

One half cup organic sugar (does not have to be organic, regular sugar is fine too, but no Splenda)

Measuring utensils

One chopstick or stirring stick

One clean container

I do this! Thanks for posting the recipe.