Respected Contributor

Anyone buying? Anyone still using SSC?  Just curious, haven't heard much buzz about them the way I used to.

Trusted Contributor

Re: SSC on evine - Just curious

@SandGirl wrote:

Anyone buying? Anyone still using SSC?  Just curious, haven't heard much buzz about them the way I used to.

Funny you mention this.

I've used SSC facial glycolic cleanser and glycolic facial cleansing pads for several years. 

I was happy with the line until this morning when (for no particular reason) I examined the dec list of ingredients and found both contained parabens and other chemicals I'm not happy to use on my face.

I'm thinking of trashing both products and replacing with others that are more pure.  Any suggestions??

Respected Contributor

@pdlinda  we must be on the same page, I've been researching more "natural" type products that do not contain all the parbens and such as well, for some it doesn't bother but I remember going to appts with my friend with cancer and one of the nurses said our skin is our largest organ, be careful what you put on it because it will be absorbed and go directly into your system, sorta made me think....  I was looking at Beekman skin care, its on EWG as a safe line to use.

Honored Contributor

Lines like Dr Graf and Elysee and Signature Club A all still using parabens.  I make it a habit to check all ingedieent decks first before purchasing. I avoid parabens, DMDM Hydantoin, mineral oil and petroleum , at all costs. Mychelle is a very high quality all natural line, so is Mad Hippie.  That being said some of SSC is fine, and I still buy some things from them. 

Frequent Contributor

I started to buy something, but the shipping was 6.99, so I passed. 

Trusted Contributor

Ex HSN host Diana Perkovic is on Evine right with Jen and SSC. Diana is a rep and will be doing shows for SSC. She looks gorg! Fun to see her again. 

Honored Contributor

@Allieoh wrote:

I started to buy something, but the shipping was 6.99, so I passed. 

Alwaya a deal breaker for me!!

Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

Ex HSN host Diana Perkovic is on Evine right with Jen and SSC. Diana is a rep and will be doing shows for SSC. She looks gorg! Fun to see her again. 

Good news!

Esteemed Contributor

The only SSC product I still use and love is the Glycolic Cleanser.  But I won't buy (or pay the overpriced shipping fees!) from Evine. 

Are there any good glycolic cleansers sold at the drugstore?  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

The only SSC product I still use and love is the Glycolic Cleanser.  But I won't buy (or pay the overpriced shipping fees!) from Evine. 

Are there any good glycolic cleansers sold at the drugstore?  

Not seen in drug stores, but now on HSN, Signature Club A has one and so does Dr Graf on HSN. I think ingredients are similar to SSC. Have you checked on ebay to find SSC at lower prices?