Honored Contributor

Re: SSC Marketing push for the new serums; skeptical advanced reviews!

On 6/5/2014 Shelbelle said:

I could not find any over the top special ingredients in this , anyone else?

Nope. Nothing unique. And this marketing ploy has made me very skeptical. None of these reviewers are responding to posts here or on hsn community. Justvwait till the show later to see how over the top they will promote it. Amy is always wound up tight, acting like whatever she promotes is the best thing since sliced bread. Hard to take her seriously, little credibility.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

They will promote it on HSN as a new miracle product, then it will most likely do a disappearing act.

Honored Contributor

I was skeptical when I read the thread here. It did very much sound like a script. Yet the poster was not new, so I was confused.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/5/2014 Shelbelle said:

I could not find any over the top special ingredients in this , anyone else?

I didn't see anything, either -- AHAs, retinol...if someone's skin is not used to that, I imagine they would see some positive changes; oils...for skin conditioning -- that is, if any good ingredients can make it through the silicones.

Respected Contributor

I hate to bash SSC because I do like a lot of their products. But I have found (the hard way!) that they are at times overly enthusiastic when launching new products and you just have to take their hype with a grain of salt. This new serum sounds great and I'm sure they will tell me that I'll never, EVER! get a better price, but I'm willing to wait for some reviews.

Respected Contributor

How ironic ~ I just signed in to come and ask about this new product. I know I need Vitamin C, but SSC's Vit C serum burns my skin, as do other brands. So, wondering what makes this serum different, and if it is more "powerful" I assume it will burn too?

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/5/2014 Mistic said:

How ironic ~ I just signed in to come and ask about this new product. I know I need Vitamin C, but SSC's Vit C serum burns my skin, as do other brands. So, wondering what makes this serum different, and if it is more "powerful" I assume it will burn too?

I think I read that they use vitamin C esters, so you may be able to tolerate this.

By any chance, have you tried the Perricone vitamin C? (also w/ C esters)

Esteemed Contributor

I agree about the recent posts about their new products. I was formerly part of a ssc test group- I'd call in during a launch to talk about the product. No one ever forced me to say great things about the items I tried. But there was always the thought in the back of your mind that they might stop sending you full size freebies!! So I would talk about what I liked and avoid what I didn't like!! The last product - it was tough finding anything I liked, so I talked about the convenient pump container. And wouldn't you know it? That was the last time I got products sent to review!

I still use some of their products- some tried and true classics. But I'm weaning them out and doubt I'll rebuy. The only thing I've bought recently are the original replicate and renew items from an ebay seller. With the 'new and improved' version they messed up the ingredient deck!

Respected Contributor

On 6/5/2014 Harpa said:
On 6/5/2014 Mistic said:

I think I read that they use vitamin C esters, so you may be able to tolerate this.

By any chance, have you tried the Perricone vitamin C? (also w/ C esters)

No I have not, but maybe I should. I use stuff with Vit C in it, (Dr. Dennis Gross Retinol & C) and I do OK. But just C stuff, and it burns.

I assume that I need to look for products with C Esters in it? Whats the difference? Thank You!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

On 6/5/2014 ibb38 said:

I agree about the recent posts about their new products. I was formerly part of a ssc test group- I'd call in during a launch to talk about the product. No one ever forced me to say great things about the items I tried. But there was always the thought in the back of your mind that they might stop sending you full size freebies!! So I would talk about what I liked and avoid what I didn't like!! The last product - it was tough finding anything I liked, so I talked about the convenient pump container. And wouldn't you know it? That was the last time I got products sent to review!

I still use some of their products- some tried and true classics. But I'm weaning them out and doubt I'll rebuy. The only thing I've bought recently are the original replicate and renew items from an ebay seller. With the 'new and improved' version they messed up the ingredient deck!

How interesting...and you just confirmed my suspicions. Some people will say anything to get free products. If you shell out the 70 dollars, I am interested in your feedback. The scripted reviews are not believable.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri