Honored Contributor

SSC Marketing push for the new serums; skeptical advanced reviews!

Ladies-this may be a great product, but it looks like some misguided attempt to ring up sales today with scripted advance product reviews popping up on several social platforms including here. Just read another one at hsn, and someone else has called them out too.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Re: SSC Marketing push for the new serums; skeptical advanced reviews!

I was very suspicious about the random threads popping up in the last couple of days. Sigh.

Honored Contributor

On 6/5/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

I was very suspicious about the random threads popping up in the last couple of days. Sigh.

LOL...they could have at least changed up the script. Seems pretty desperate. If the product is great, they wouldn't need to do this, so I'm not buying it today. I want to see authentic user feedback. At least hsn only posts reviews from actual customers tied to orders, so I will wait to read the reviews but this ploy makes me wonder about the effectiveness. They lost some credibility as a company with this amateur ploy.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

This new product is a very expensive one (for SSC anyway), so no wonder there is even more advance hype than usual. SSC has some great products, but they really do stir up the hysteria over new products. I'll never forget getting sucked into the FirmaFace launch and totally hated it once I used it. Live and learn.

Honored Contributor

It may also be just one person with multiple nic's. Same writing style, similar wording...neither have responded to my challenge to prove this is authentic. Of course, SSC marketing and hsn have a vested interest in moving this product. Probably have some target volume to sell today. No orders from me!

Frequent Contributor

I am in a few FB groups with women who got this product for free to evaluate for a month. I am sure some of them have posted here. They are not shills. They are not paid to write reviews. I will order this based on what I have heard from them. HSN is giving a 60 day return policy, a bonus SPF cream, free shipping, and when you include mrrebates and the $10 coupon that's floating around, it is a great deal.

Honored Contributor

On 6/5/2014 StellaDiva said:

I am in a few FB groups with women who got this product for free to evaluate for a month. I am sure some of them have posted here. They are not shills. They are not paid to write reviews. I will order this based on what I have heard from them. HSN is giving a 60 day return policy, a bonus SPF cream, free shipping, and when you include mrrebates and the $10 coupon that's floating around, it is a great deal.

Their reviews sound too identical to be authentic and believable. So a test group, ok. Where are the reviews for it not working? Nothing works exactly the same for everyone. If the reviews weren't pre scripted, it would be more believable. Did SSC gift you with more free products for positive reviews being planted here and other sites? Funny how one reviewer didn't post here for 2 years and all of a sudden she's back with a scripted SSC product review. Yes, shrill. Your word, not mine.

Super Contributor

one thing I found interesting and GOOD, when reading the ingredients, at least the FIRST ingredient is not WATER!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Honored Contributor

I could not find any over the top special ingredients in this , anyone else?

Super Contributor

On 6/5/2014 suzeecat said:

This new product is a very expensive one (for SSC anyway), so no wonder there is even more advance hype than usual. SSC has some great products, but they really do stir up the hysteria over new products. I'll never forget getting sucked into the FirmaFace launch and totally hated it once I used it. Live and learn.

I cant believe they still sell FirmaFace. It got terrible reviews. I think it set some record for sales when they launched it, but judging from reviews A LOT went back. (as did mine!)