Trusted Contributor

Re: SSC 25th Anniversary Sale with 5 TTV's on EVINE 5/2

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  Serious John just said because their  needles are  titanium vs stainless steel they don't need to be replaced? Stainless steel need replacement every 6 month? Have you heard this? Is that correct? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BdBettyB wrote:

@SilleeMee  Serious John just said because their  needles are  titanium vs stainless steel they don't need to be replaced? Stainless steel need replacement every 6 month? Have you heard this? Is that correct? 

The literature I have read in a book I own about needling says that the devices should be replaced about every 3 months, depending on their usage. The book also explains why titanium is not as good to use in a roller for various reasons and it further states that steel is a better option. I have used both and really see no and feel no significant difference. But the key here is to replace them regularly to insure that you get penetration. Without that then you will be wasting your time with it. @BdBettyB 

The following lists the pros and cons of stainless steel and titanium:

1. Stainless steel microneedles

Advantages:
  • Extremely sharp
  • Extremely hygienic
  • Easy to clean and to sterilize
Disadvantages:
  • Not as durable as titanium
  •  Prone to wear and tear

2. Titanium alloy microneedles

Advantages:

• Extremely durable and robust
  • Highly resistant to wear and tear
  •  Highly resistant to bending
  •  More aesthetically pleasing, particularly the gold-plated varieties.
Disadvantages:
  • Unhygienic
  • Requires more cleaning and sterilizing
  •  Needles not as sharp as stainless steel

I have used both metals and I see and feel not significant difference between the two kinds of metal. This might be because I replace my devices regularly and never use them beyond 6 usages. For me this is important because it's my skin and I want to treat it the best I can.  

Honored Contributor

Spend $99 on SSC, get 15% off

Trusted Contributor

Serious Skincare PRO ROLL Micro-Needle Stamp & Roller has sold out. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee where do you buy your rollers and replacements? I think I need to jump in the roller movement. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BdBettyB wrote:

@SilleeMee where do you buy your rollers and replacements? I think I need to jump in the roller movement. 

@BdBettyB 

I buy my needle devices from two different sites, depending on which one, and they are not inexpensive...just to give you a heads up about that. Also, the needles I use are not the short kind like SSC or BBioscience uses but longer ones which do more than just exfoliate. Longer needles (at least 0.5mm) stimulate collagen formation in the deeper layers of the skin. With these kinds of longer needles it's a good idea to purchase a book about how to properly use them. The longer needles are not for everyone and can be harmful when not used properly.  I also use stamp type needles, a smaller round pen type (similar to SSC) and also a larger rectangular stamp. These are the sites where I purchase my devices and they offer different size needles, short and long:

WhiteLotusAntiaging dot com 

-rollers* and rectangular stamp

SkinMedix dot com

-small round pen stamp

-some rollers

*WhiteLotus rollers are non-metal type rollers (biopolymer plastic needles) and these are made to last for an entire year before needing to be replaced. So when you factor in the cost per use, then that price tag is not too far off from buying quality rollers quarterly.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

@BdBettyB 

I buy my needle devices from two different sites, depending on which one, and they are not inexpensive...just to give you a heads up about that. Also, the needles I use are not the short kind like SSC or BBioscience uses but longer ones which do more than just exfoliate. Longer needles (at least 0.5mm) stimulate collagen formation in the deeper layers of the skin. With these kinds of longer needles it's a good idea to purchase a book about how to properly use them. The longer needles are not for everyone and can be harmful when not used properly.  I also use stamp type needles, a smaller round pen type (similar to SSC) and also a larger rectangular stamp. These are the sites where I purchase my devices and they offer different size needles, short and long:

WhiteLotusAntiaging dot com 

-rollers* and rectangular stamp

SkinMedix dot com

-small round pen stamp

-some rollers

*WhiteLotus rollers are non-metal type rollers (biopolymer plastic needles) and these are made to last for an entire year before needing to be replaced. So when you factor in the cost per use, then that price tag is not too far off from buying quality rollers quarterly.

THANK YOU!!!! 

Respected Contributor

Re: SSC 25th Birthday Sale with 5 TTV's on EVINE 5/2

I had placed an order last time they were on Evine...my first purchase from SSC in a very long time. I bought the duo of C pads, and the large C cleanser. I used this cleanser a long time ago. Overall, I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed in the order. The cleanser is not the same. I then read a review that the formula has been changed. I find it to be a like a thin lotion consistency, with no lather. It also has a very odd, strange smell I find difficult to get past...stinky. I only use as morning wash, so I dont know how thorough it is, but I do not like it. The pads were leaking from jars when I took them out of the box upon delivery. I opened one jar, and they're still pretty moist, so I'll keep them. I doubt I'd order anything again...I feel I got old neglected stock. One other incident...but this is Consult Beaute, was the Volumagen face cream...I have used in the past. This time, also had a strange smell, sort chemical like. The one I had in the past had a nice floral scent. Just wanted to mention these orders, possibly being very old. I typically only use CB regenorol line, but that cream came in a set...I wont use again anyway...it balls up under make up too. Getting very leery about ordering from these shopping channels. Going to Walgreens and going to try No.7 day and night cream spf 30(day) Lift and Luminate line🙂
Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchI just went to check out the SuperMel C and its SOLD OUT...

Regular Contributor

I'm thinking about getting the vitamin C pads. Also the Take 2 bouncy-gel.

My favorite from the line is the C-3 PLASMA C-Extreme Results 2-in-1 Facial Exfoliator. It rarely goes on sale.