Respected Contributor

SPF moisturizer recommendations please

It seems like every product I settle on gets discontinued or changed. The latest is Paula's Choice Resist spf 25, which I know a lot of people didn't like but it was working for me. I'm trying the PC Hydralight, but it feels dry even when I use a moisturizer or her oil underneath it. Her other spf products that I've tried either had a bad smell(to me) or didn't work well with my concealer. 

For years I used Olay SPF 30, but when they improved the sun protection the formula changed. So, I'm looking for something that is unscented, SPF 30, and works well with concealer on top. I don't wear foundation. Simple right? I would welcome suggestions.

Valued Contributor

Re: SPF moisturizer recommendations please

I like CeraVe moisturizer for day time; it has spf of 30. I don't know how it works under a concealer. 

Respected Contributor

@Day1128 wrote:

I like CeraVe moisturizer for day time; it has spf of 30. I don't know how it works under a concealer. 

--------------

I think I tried this at one time but I can't remember why I didn't stick with it, LOL. I do use the PM moisturizer sometimes, so may have to try it again. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Oil of Olay has a nice one.  I believe it is 30 spf but don't quote me.  The one I am using is Oil of Olay, sensitive skin formula and I think it is only 15.  I believe Neutrogena has one, also.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

SKINN Daily Defense - has SPF 30.  If you also need one for the eye area, there is a sister product is called SKINN Eye Shades.  They're currently bundled on Evine for a very good price - the bundle even includes a Lip 6X balm.

#312-218
$34.50

Super Contributor

I use Skinn Daily Defense. There's no greasy feel, no white residue and it works wonderfully under my makeup. If I need a little more moisture, I add a little bit of a heavier cream or a few drops of argan or jojoba oil.
Trusted Contributor

Another vote for Skinn Daily Defence. i just ordered more over the weekend when Evine had free shipping. This is coming from soneone who hates suncreen. They make my eyes burn or have that greasy feeling. This is good. 

Regular Contributor

@tucsongal  Try Toleriane Double Repair Moisturizer UV

Daily Facial Moisturizing Lotion With SPF 30 from La Roche Posay.  Available at their own website, some drugstores (CVS for one) and some ULTA stores.  The web page also offers great information for care/tending of various skin types.
Honored Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
I use Skinn Daily Defense. There's no greasy feel, no white residue and it works wonderfully under my makeup. If I need a little more moisture, I add a little bit of a heavier cream or a few drops of argan or jojoba oil.

This is a chemical sunscreen, right? How about a mineral sunscreen? 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Elta MD sunscreens are terrific. I use Elta MD SPF 41 - a slightly tinted mineral (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide) broad-based sunscreen. Elta MD's sunscreens/moisturizers also come in clear if you're looking for that. My dermatologist initially recommended Elta MD 41 to me because she uses it herself (and no, she sells no products in her practice, so she had no ulterior motive in recommending it). 

UVPhysical520x320.jpg