Respected Contributor

Happy Independence Day, beauties!

I follow the dermatologist Dr. Dray on YT and like all derms, she's an advocate of using sunscreen on all exposed parts of the body, INCLUDING lips. There are a couple of products she uses and endorses but these, like many sunscreens for the body, leave a white film and most of us don't want to use something under our lipstick that's going to alter the color, so I thought I'd tap into the wealth of information that is this board and it's beauties for a solution. I'd like to find a lip color product (and it can be a lipstick, liquid lip color or gloss) that is reasonably priced and has an SPF of at least 30 (the lowest number recommended by derms). Does anything like that exist? TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

I look forward to the replies as i agree with spf in lip products. I've only found ones with chemical sunscreens though- not only do I want to avoid the chemicals but they're very drying ! I doubt they were 30 spf as well- 

Respected Contributor

Supergoop has them with spf 30. Perricone and others make them but most are spf 15 or 20. A lot of lip balms are higher but you won't get color, just protection.

Trusted Contributor

I've been using the Sephora Rouge Balm with SPF 20.  It's pretty pigmented and wears like a lipstick, not a balm.  It's not matte, has a slick consistency, and is very moisturizing.  I have the color Bashful Beige, which is a nudey pink.  I don't know what kind of SPF it is.  I assume it's chemical.  Other than that, the only lip products I have with SPF are definitely lip balms. Hope this helps. 

Respected Contributor

@Desi, @Oshare-girl

Thank you! I'm going to look into these. Smiley Happy