Frequent Contributor

SPF eye cream/ moisturizer recommendations?

I need a SPF eye cream recommendation. One that is specific for the eyes.

I tried to use my face spf  moisturizer and my eyes burned and got all watery.

Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: SPF eye cream/ moisturizer recommendations?

Your face SPF might have chemical sunscreen ingredients in it, rather than mineral ingredients. I can't have chemical sunscreen anywhere near my eyes because it'll make them sting and water. I can put mineral sunscreen on or around my eyes (and not necessarily one made just for the eye area) and my eyes are fine. HTH

Contributor

I like It Cosmetics CC Eye Color Correcting Full Coverage Cream 50+ spf over Hope in a Tube by Philosophy.  I have been using Hope in a Tube for 15+ years and I have very few lines around my eyes.  It is the most emollient eye cream I have found.  The second best eye cream I have found that works great is Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado.  

On a daily basis I wear Bare Minerals Prep Step Mineral Shield SPF 50 Daily Prep Lotion over my skincare and it also seems to work fine around my eyes without stinging or irritation.  I have very sensitive skin.  I use it over Hope in a Tube also.  It's a very lightweight SFP and a wonderful primer.

Honored Contributor

@anonymous23. I've always found it difficult to find an eye cream I liked w/ SPF. My derm recommended Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 30  because it's waterproof.  It's just creamy enough to spread easily on face, neck & chest. Since waterproof, I do use it under my eyes, too. Let it settle in for about 5 minutes (I put my serum on first).

Then I use my BB moisturizer for face and BB Hydrating Eye Cream. This eye cream is not runny, but moisturizing enough to use concealer over w/o any settling into lines. Since the SPF in underneath, no need for separate special one for under eyes. I've never experienced watering or burning eyes with this combination.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@anonymous23 - this 3p kit is $35 at Evine.  Currently free shipping. I'm glad you posted! I've wanted to try the eye spf and it's a great kit price point of $10/item!!! Perfect for the beach bag

Skinn Cosmetics SPF 30 Sunscreen Serum, Eye Shades Protectant & Lip Balm Set - 312-218
312-218- Skinn Cosmetics SPF 30 Sunscreen Serum, Eye Shades Protectant & Lip Balm Set

SET INCLUDES:
Collagenesis Daily Defense Sunscreen Serum SPF 30 - 1.7 oz
Collagenesis Daily Defense Eye Shades Protectant SPF 30 - 0.5 oz
Lip 6X Balm SPF 30 "Tropical" - 0.27 oz

WHO IT IS FOR:
Probably the most important part of your skincare routine - sun protection. This trio is essential for every day, no matter the season, to keep your skin looking radiant and protected. Sunscreen is your best friend in the fight against aging, sun damage and harmful rays. Utilize the power of this set!

BENEFITS:
Collagenesis Daily Defense Sunscreen Serum:
  • A lightweight, quickly absorbing sunscreen serum that helps provide SPF 30 and broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection from the sun's rays
  • Formulated with an advanced encapsulated delivery system for immediate and long-term moisturization as well as a full array of vitamins A, C and E to provide ongoing antioxidant benefits
  • Features oat beta-glucan, a powerful naturally derived anti-aging ingredient that perfectly complements this sophisticated sun protection formula by soothing skin
  • Fragrance-free and great for all skin types, this serum an easy and obvious addition to your skincare routine
  • Use it on your face, neck and décolleté for a non-greasy, long-lasting and beneficial defense against UV damage
  • Can be worn under makeup
  • Very light botanical scent, not very apparent
  • Lightweight lotion texture
  • Comes in a squeeze bottle with cap

Collagenesis Daily Defense Eye Shades Protectant:
  • This remarkable formulation includes soft coral extract (sea whip), beta-glucan (oat extract), aloe and antioxidant vitamin E to help calm, soften and moisturize
  • Illuminating brightening pigments help camouflage those pesky under-eye circles so eyes are not only protected but appear brighter and more rejuvenated!
  • Very light botanical scent, not very apparent
  • Thick, creamy texture
  • Comes in a squeeze bottle with cap

Lip 6X Balm:
  • Lip 6X Balm will help hydrate and moisturize your skin while plumping the appearance of your lips and helping to increase the look of the curvature of radiance all day long
  • Helps with the appearance of soft, plump and healthy lips
  • This soothing, non-greasy, velvety feel balm is infused with actives that help provide a moisturizing layer
  • Helps to restore your lip's barrier to soothe and quench dry, cracked lips while helping to fortify and enhance the look of your lip's natural curvature and plumpness
  • Formulated with volulip and maxilip, filling spheres, vitamin C and Revinage
  • Contains SPF 30
  • Tropical Pina Colada scent
  • Balm texture
  • Flip-up compact with mirror

Made in the USA

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Occasional Contributor

I've used Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream spf 34 for years. No problems whatsoever. HTH

Honored Contributor

Clinique makes a good one in a light cream tube.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Supergoop makes a great one. It's the only spf eye cream I've ever been able to use. I highly recommend it.

Respected Contributor

I buy the 18oz of Supergoop from Sephora for $50. and free shipping.  I use it all over my face, body and eyes with no tearing of my eyes.

Honored Contributor

Just use your spf moisturizer and you will be fine.  Did you know that Vaseline makes the skin taut under the eye?  I used it religiously when I was younger (no bags now).  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength