Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   Curls aren't God given?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Icegoddess   Curls aren't God given?

@Shanus mine arent.  Cat Very Happy

My hair in it's natural state is limp and slightly wavy and would require styling every day.  I prefer low maintenance, and I like curls, so I buy mine. 

Valued Contributor

I'll take regular shampooing thank you. His hair always looks like cr**. Not a good testament for one selling hair products.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus This is a pic of my hair in it's current state.  The perm is completely grown out on the bangs.  If I didn't use a flat iron to give it lift at the roots, it would be very string and fall straight down onto my forehead, something I absolutely can't stand.  There's also a natural part hidden in there which is probably part of the reason it wants to fall straight down, but then there would also be a big gap where the natural part is.  It's been an entire year since my last perm.  As you can see there is still plenty of curl on the ends, but because of the top and front it's driving me absolutley crazy.  I have an appoitment to get a new perm at the end of the month.

No perm.jpg

Respected Contributor
@Icegoddess-the color + subtle wavy texture of your hair is very pretty. I have pin straight hair and use to get perms a long time ago. I watch Wen presentations and I know it’s not for me. Kudos to whomever it works for.
I use Rusk shampoo + conditioner for color treated hair. I, too, get a bit creeped out by Chaz. Lol. I’m sure he’s a very nice man, but just the constant greasy looking hair and exaggerated makeup and brows at times looks a bit weird. Sorry Chaz...!
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   🤣😂🤣

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess    ...but I love the color!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1   If I may interrupt here, what works are products that are sulfate free, silicone free and alcohol free. Keep those 3 in mind and then look for any shampoos, conditioners or styling products you want to use. I agree that the Curly Girl thing can make you crazy (and poor). 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Lali1   If I may interrupt here, what works are products that are sulfate free, silicone free and alcohol free. Keep those 3 in mind and then look for any shampoos, conditioners or styling products you want to use. I agree that the Curly Girl thing can make you crazy (and poor). 

Thank you.I've been doing the cgm thing for at least 3 years. I have found that a good cut, mousse and a hard hold finishing gel or mousse work for me. I sometimes use a safe shampoo conditioner or a cleasing conditioner. 

Honored Contributor

I'm over here in the corner waving my hand saying, "Me too".

In the past I've bought so much of Wen every time I kept thinking how dumb I was.

But everyone on the TV really liked it.  I figured I was doing something wrong.

I kept giving it to my friend...but I still bought it.  I guess I figured I was ordering the wrong flavored/smell of it.

Chaz was on QVC the other day.  My daughter and I was watching it.  I said to her, "I used to buy that stuff but never could use it right".

She said, "I remember seeing those bottles around the house".

Everything all of you said about it....I found to be true.

I didn't notice my hair falling out like some people have said (maybe because I only used it a few times here and there).

But my hair did look like something had crawled on my head and died there.  I just didn't feel like it was clean.

My daughter (who doesn't use it) says I probably didn't get all of it out of my hair.

Maybe so but as many times as I bought it and TRIED to use it, you'd think I'd have washed it out at least once...but no go.

I wanted to like it because so many people on TV kept telling me it was amazing.  I finally decided it just doesn't work for me.  Now I see there are other's it doesn't work for.