Honored Contributor

my hair seemed to do well with quite a few WEN offerings at first, but the longer I used it the more I liked fewer of the offerings and buying just the combinations I liked meant I couldn’t use most of the tsv’s and I don’t have space for a gallon.

and then in my doctor’s office one day I read the medical take on non-sulfates - they just don’t all work all the time for some of us. I decided to go back to shampoos and conditioners between using up my WEN stash.  

There’s no WEN left in my house, but the only product I truly miss is the mousse -  just haven’t found any I like as well.   I’ll also say I’m not at all sure I’ve saved significant money switching  -  I never lost much hair with WEN but I did with one of the inexpensive brands I tried.

goood thing we still have free choice and lots of them!

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Shanus  I think Chaz always looks like his hair needs a good wash.

I have used Wen for years and it works well with my hair.  Until Wen, I had problems with my scalp breaking out.  I never do a second cleanse and I wash my hair either every other day or every three days.  As far as the models who no longer color their hair, they obviously do not need to do so.  I still need mine done every month, no matter what Chaz says.

@SXMGirl   Some of the models in the 40-50 yr. old range or those with blonde or obviously not their natural hair color, must have to have their roots colored/retouched. I'm shocked he can get away with saying that. 

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Yes, his hair always looks like it needs a good shampooing, not a cleansing, a shampooing. I've said this before and will say it again. I've tried it several times and don't get the "people stare at my hair" kind of results the wen ladies here do BUT I really did have LESS hair in my hair catcher when I used it. If it just didn't make my hair dull and limp I'd be willing to pay the obscene price for it. And I rinsed till the cows came home so it wasn't that.

Just so it doesn't sound I'm only picking on his prices, I've gone the Nick Chavez route too and although I got good results his prices are obscene as well (imo) so I gave that up just on principle. I can get the same results from brands that cost less.

@shaggygirl   I'm thinking the women he chooses have great heads of hair to begin with and could wash their hair with TIDE and have fair results. The most expensive S&C I use now are the Beekman ones and I alternate that with drugstore Shea Moisture. I'm convinced (like Nick has preached for 30 yrs. on Q), a "clean scalp is a healthy scalp". If I begin to get those little bumps on my scalp (usually clogged follicles), time to back off all the conditioning and use a sulfate shampoo like good old Neutrogena to get rid of all the residue from styling products, hairspray, heat protectant, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus even when I was using WEN successfully, that success never included not having to go for color monthly.  Maybe when I was in my 20’s I could have done without, but my own color needed help by the time I turned 30.  I never bought that claim

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Shanus even when I was using WEN successfully, that success never included not having to go for color monthly.  Maybe when I was in my 20’s I could have done without, but my own color needed help by the time I turned 30.  I never bought that claim

@millieshops   Someone, like QVC, needs to "call him" on that claim. Definitely false...unless your hair has stopped growing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SORRY CHAZ, BUT.....

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

Yes, his hair always looks like it needs a good shampooing, not a cleansing, a shampooing. I've said this before and will say it again. I've tried it several times and don't get the "people stare at my hair" kind of results the wen ladies here do BUT I really did have LESS hair in my hair catcher when I used it. If it just didn't make my hair dull and limp I'd be willing to pay the obscene price for it. And I rinsed till the cows came home so it wasn't that.

Just so it doesn't sound I'm only picking on his prices, I've gone the Nick Chavez route too and although I got good results his prices are obscene as well (imo) so I gave that up just on principle. I can get the same results from brands that cost less.

@shaggygirl   I'm thinking the women he chooses have great heads of hair to begin with and could wash their hair with TIDE and have fair results. The most expensive S&C I use now are the Beekman ones and I alternate that with drugstore Shea Moisture. I'm convinced (like Nick has preached for 30 yrs. on Q), a "clean scalp is a healthy scalp". If I begin to get those little bumps on my scalp (usually clogged follicles), time to back off all the conditioning and use a sulfate shampoo like good old Neutrogena to get rid of all the residue from styling products, hairspray, heat protectant, etc. 

@Shanus 

All I know is..there are a gazillion women on the face of this earth who don't use WEN but have beautiful hair.

As for those who don't have such beautiful hair....well then maybe they are the ones who need WEN, you never know, could be the game changer for them that gives them a great head of hair.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl   Freedom of choice. Just did not work for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I believe he means that your color won't  "wash out"  as some over the counter shampoos tend to do.   Obviously you have regrowth and roots will always need touch ups.  I go every 8 weeks to do just that.  I have been fortunate that Wen has worked very well for me.  I understand it is not for everyone and it depends a lot on your particular physiology.    I'm happy with it but understand those who are not.  

Honored Contributor

Not impressed with that stuff--I HATE taking that much time with my hair-want to wash and go--it was awful on my hair as it weighed it down amd made it look greasy--he kind of creeps me out anyway so I NEVER watch.-

Valued Contributor

I never tried it. I have long hair and would have to use a lot of it, so it would get expensive. I notice though that he hasn't been on as much as he used to be. He used to be on QVC all the time for HOURS! If the customers here are any indication, it seems like WEN is not as popular.