Honored Contributor

On Shawn's show last night, he took his hair out of a hair tie and it always looks like it needs a good scrubbing IMO. Not a great advertisement for WEN. 

Many years ago, when I used it, I still shampooed every other day. There are way too many conditioning ingredients in there that leave a residue and some women (& men) experience hair that appears weighed down and needs washing more often than suggested.

That becomes an expensive proposition with all the pumps recommended for a first cleanse, second cleanse and pumps for leave in. 

I've never used another shampoo that requires a second cleanse or that much product to get my hair clean. I know people love this, but after giving it more than ample time to see great results, I was disappointed and spending a huge amount of money on the cleansing conditioner and additional styling products, oils, treatments that Chaz says are essentials to achieve the final results. 

The kicker is that after a few years and many hundreds of dollars (with a pixie haircut...can't imagine how much $$$ if my hair was the length now) the dream WEN hair was never achieved. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  That's because the dream stylists didn't come with the bottles! Smiley Happy

I still use his glossing serum! But I won't go into my saga about the CCs.

But I was intrigued a little when he mentioned about the color ... was it a particular CC that he had made recently? .... he said he hadn't colored his hair in (whatever it was...)

Anyway, I didn't stick around to watch the presentation.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Shanus  That's because the dream stylists didn't come with the bottles! Smiley Happy

I still use his glossing serum! But I won't go into my saga about the CCs.

But I was intrigued a little when he mentioned about the color ... was it a particular CC that he had made recently? .... he said he hadn't colored his hair in (whatever it was...)

Anyway, I didn't stick around to watch the presentation.

@Harpa   Didn't stick around for presentation either, but I'm fairly sure that if you have grey hair or roots of another color other than your natural color, retouching depends on how fast your hair grows. If he's referring to less fading off the rest of your hair, it doesn't matter if you have 2" of roots showing. Nothing stops regrowth. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  Oh yeah! That's what he means! I should have known better!

I can say the exact same thing, and it's not because of his glossing serum!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I have to agree with you.  I have tried Wen countless times ordering everytime he offered something new.  My hair always felt dirty and greasy the day after.  It felt like I had a coating on my hair.  I would either give them away or just throw them out.  I haven't watched a Wen show in a long time and I tried to watch yesterday.  I couldn't watch Chaz for more than 10 minutes he talked non stop and so fast I was getting a headache.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  I think Chaz always looks like his hair needs a good wash.

I have used Wen for years and it works well with my hair.  Until Wen, I had problems with my scalp breaking out.  I never do a second cleanse and I wash my hair either every other day or every three days.  As far as the models who no longer color their hair, they obviously do not need to do so.  I still need mine done every month, no matter what Chaz says.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

After watching the Wen demonstrations many times I finally decided to try the cleansing conditioner 2 years ago.  I used it as directed for about 3 months then i broke out in a rash at my hairline so I stopped using it.  It did not clear up and I had dry patches on my scalp.  Went to my doctor and he said it was a scalp type eczyma.  It has taken until now to finally clear up.  I cannot prove it was the product that started it, but it sure seems like it.  I guess I was one of those that were alergic so one of the ingredients or the formula in general.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, his hair always looks like it needs a good shampooing, not a cleansing, a shampooing. I've said this before and will say it again. I've tried it several times and don't get the "people stare at my hair" kind of results the wen ladies here do BUT I really did have LESS hair in my hair catcher when I used it. If it just didn't make my hair dull and limp I'd be willing to pay the obscene price for it. And I rinsed till the cows came home so it wasn't that.

Just so it doesn't sound I'm only picking on his prices, I've gone the Nick Chavez route too and although I got good results his prices are obscene as well (imo) so I gave that up just on principle. I can get the same results from brands that cost less.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Shanus  I agree with you also, about Wen and weighing my hair down.  I just didn't think it cleaned well and my hair had absolutely no bounce.   I've tried a few times, had to pass, although it looked like an awesome buy if you use the product.  One thing I did like, it smells wonderful!

Valued Contributor

I totally agree.  Spent hundreds on his products and still have a couple unopened in my closet.  I thought it would help with breakage I was experiencing several years ago so began using the cc daily.  Had to use daily since I couldn't stand the dirty feeling.  I finally realized that his cc didn't solve my issue with breakage, but stopped using a curling iron on my baby fine hair and VOILA!  Now I use a couple different shampoos and wash my hair every other day and it's doing great.  Big savings for me.