Honored Contributor

I know snail mucin in skincare has hyaluronic acid, moisturizing properties and can help lock in and protect the skin's barrier.  I'm just not sure about snail slime on my face.

What do you think?

Honored Contributor

I've never tried anything with it. But it does sound interesting, yet kind of gross, too...!

Have you tried it? @Shanus 

Contributor

I bought it before I knew that and I will use it but won't buy it again. I am sure it is perfectly fine it is more psychological and if I didn't know I would be good with the product. Works well. 

Respected Contributor

EEEEEWWWWWWW,  I think this is disgusting, on all levels.

Is it what all hyaluronics are made from - or just some? 

I mean, I wanna barf at the thought of snail trail on my face!

I shiver just thinking about the gross idea!

Valued Contributor

I've been hearing amazing things about it for a few years. I haven't tried it because a- the ick factor! b- I buy cruelty free products; I know there are some brands that allegedly make a "cruelty free" snail mucin. Yet I still wonder about the ethics of it. 

On second though, I've never been one to stray from "interesting" treatments  for the sake of good skin, lol!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've never tried anything with it. But it does sound interesting, yet kind of gross, too...!

@SilleeMee  I had a product w/ a simulated version of snail "snot" that I used before doing peels. The face needs to be completely oil free. The idea of snail anything is definitely gross. Now just plain old acetone is sometimes the best solution.

Honored Contributor

I almost didn't begin the thread because of the "Yuck Factor".

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee  I had a product w/ a simulated version of snail "snot" that I used before doing peels. The face needs to be completely oil free. The idea of snail anything is definitely gross. Now just plain old acetone is sometimes the best solution.

Acetone?? What? @Shanus 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   I know. It sounds nuts, but some peels come with with a few packettes of acetone to be used as a quick swipe on the face to degrease before applying the first step of the peel.

Esteemed Contributor

I have several products that contains snail mucin, and it isn't icky or slimy at all.

I have found that it helps to keep my skin soft and supple.

Don't knock it until you try it.😊

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.