Super Contributor

Hi... Does anyone know if Dimitri is scheduled to make any appearances on Shop HQ soon? I am running out of the Hydro Surge and oil combo with the Vit C. There are some configurations with these products now and I am wondering if the prices or kits will change based on Dimitri's shows? My skin is drinking this combo up this winter. I'm hesitant to buy now since he always brings great deals when he is on.
TIA

Michelle

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

He's due back on ShopHQ Jan. 24th....the 24th to the 26th if I'm not mistaken. I'm looking forward to see what his latest Top Value is going to be.

Super Contributor

Thanks!That's soon! I think I will wait until he is on to buy anything. I wonder what the TTV be will too!

Michelle'

Respected Contributor

I use the SkinNaturals and I'm almost out. It is so seldom available. Grrr!

Trusted Contributor
Michelle - I just wanted to make sure that you are aware that Skinn imports most of their color cosmetics from China. Their skin care is made in the USA, however their "brand" is tested on animals, because many of their color products are manufactured in China and others in Taiwan.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Respected Contributor
On 1/17/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I use the SkinNaturals and I'm almost out. It is so seldom available. Grrr!

I bought a bottle of a calming cleanser in that line from HauteLook in December. Wow, great cleanser. I like it way more than his am/pm cleansers.

Super Contributor
On 1/17/2014 lyn in MI said: Michelle - I just wanted to make sure that you are aware that Skinn imports most of their color cosmetics from China. Their skin care is made in the USA, however their "brand" is tested on animals, because many of their color products are manufactured in China and others in Taiwan.

Thanks for the info, lyn. I had heard that and stopped buying his cosmetics. When I did buy them I thought they were made here. I was very surprised to hear the opposite. Are their skincare items tested on animals? I'm confused about that. I don't want to purchase the skincare if it is made in the USA but tested on animals.

Michelle

Trusted Contributor
Michelle - I must have misunderstood your post on the Isomers thread. I have no idea all of the counties Skinn is sold in, nor do I know if the parent company, Cosmetic Development Labs makes private label products for Chinese companies, or companies who sell to China. All I know is that the majority of Skinn makeup is made in China and Taiwan. Since Skinn imports makeup from China, imho their company is not cruelty free.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Super Contributor
On 1/17/2014 lyn in MI said: Michelle - I must have misunderstood your post on the Isomers thread. I have no idea all of the counties Skinn is sold in, nor do I know if the parent company, Cosmetic Development Labs makes private label products for Chinese companies, or companies who sell to China. All I know is that the majority of Skinn makeup is made in China and Taiwan. Since Skinn imports makeup from China, imho their company is not cruelty free.

Hi LynSmiley Happy I am the Michelle that started the Isomers thread. Our nics are close. I am not using any skinn products but thanks for the heads up on their animal testing.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/17/2014 myshell624 said:
On 1/17/2014 lyn in MI said: Michelle - I must have misunderstood your post on the Isomers thread. I have no idea all of the counties Skinn is sold in, nor do I know if the parent company, Cosmetic Development Labs makes private label products for Chinese companies, or companies who sell to China. All I know is that the majority of Skinn makeup is made in China and Taiwan. Since Skinn imports makeup from China, imho their company is not cruelty free.<br />

Hi LynSmiley Happy I am the Michelle that started the Isomers thread. Our nics are close. I am not using any skinn products but thanks for the heads up on their animal testing.

Well that explains everything, lol. Thank you!
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007