Highlighted
Contributor

*SKINN* users! What Gadgets Are You Using w/ Skinn Care Regimen?

[ Edited ]

I just realized, now that I'm committing/dedicating myself to a full-blown skin care regime for the first time, how do I incorporate these skin care gadgets into the routine as well so I don't spend 4 hours or more daily working on my skin....LOL (unrealistic for me)..but I like gadgets (maybe because I don't wear makeup-it's rare), I just don't get around to using them as much I should. Have you experienced using gadgets heightened the effects of the skin care you're using? Any tips are surely welcomed...Chime IN...

Here are the gadgets I have piled up:

Clarisonic Plus & Pro (1 for face/ 1 for body only in shower)

MicrodermMD (try to use 1 month if I'm lucky) will use DermAppeal if I don't feel like using it)

SkinVac (for body microdermabrasion) Had about 1 yr; used maybe 3 times

Silk'n FX

Elos ME hair removal system

Emjoi Emagine Epilator

Emjoi Micro Pedi (corded) should use a dull butter knife & it would be quicker!LOL

Facemaster (never get the hang of using this)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: *SKINN* users! What Gadgets Are You Using w/ Skinn Care Regimen?

[ Edited ]

FIngers or a corse washcloth (not a muslin cloth). For me gadgets create more work and do more damage to my skin than anything else.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm truly glad to see you don't have Dimitri's gadget on the list. Smiley Happy  It's a blue and white plastic gadget which fits in the palm of your hand. On the tip is a silicone piece meant to help penetrate products deeper in the skin.  You can do MUCH better than this overpriced ditty.   Mine fell apart within the 1st 6 months.

I'm not much of a Skinn user though.  Nothing from the line has truly tripped my trigger.  His cleansers are pretty nice.

Good luck.  I personally don't think you need a gadget to get your skin clean or to help products penetrate.. but if you like them there's certainly a ton on the market.   I take that back, I've use a LightStim for a long time and do love it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@course24  I have a Foreo Luna dupe, that I bought on Amazon for around $18.00, that I use for daily cleansing (AM and PM) - I like it much better than any kind of Clarisonic/brush type cleansing tool, one I used gave me broken capilaries.  After my skincare treatment products and moisturizer are applied, I use a Wei East Cool2Hot sonic tool, to aid in the penetration of those products.  I bought that thing about a year and a half ago and like it.  I don't even see it on HSN anymore but there's probably something similar on Amazon.  If mine konks out, I'd look for something to replace it.   I do have the Sonic Infuser that @Funloving mentioned but I haven't used it since I have the Wei East thing.  I also use an Emjoi Micro Pedi Tornado (corded) on my feet and an Emjoi eRase on my face and pits.  

Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch
I never used the Foreo typre items. I've seen them around, but they look rather weird to me & I couldn't see myself holding that in my hand to cleanse my face. I like the brush of the Clarisonic. It seems like a more "substantial/durable" device to me in comparison.

I've never seen the Wei East tool.

I must say you are a strong lady to use that Emjoi on your underarms. I can barely get through my chin & legs with it w/o gritting my teeth & snarling so hard I give myself a headache trying to get thru it. If ONLY I could take the pain to do my bikini line I'd be set. LOL

@SahmIam

Wow!
IDK, when I hit my mid-30's I quit the washcloth for the most part. My skin looked so dull and lifeless. I just couldn't get that glow back. That's when I got on the Clarisonic train & I never looked back. That I believe was the best beauty gadget I've bought to date bar NONE! I pretty much have gadgets to use in order to pamper myself I guess instead of going out spending hundreds of $$$ to get someone else to do it for me.

@Funloving

Ditty! LOL that was funny!

Dimitri's item would NEVER tingle my fancy enough to buy it at all.
Ah HA- so you have 1 gadget! I believe we ALL have at least one around somewhere. I think it's part of our quest to look good & get there fast.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@course24 wrote:
@JeanLouiseFinch
I never used the Foreo typre items. I've seen them around, but they look rather weird to me & I couldn't see myself holding that in my hand to cleanse my face. I like the brush of the Clarisonic. It seems like a more "substantial/durable" device to me in comparison.

@course24 - being able to hold the unit while cleansing isn't even an issue.  Plus it's a cleaner tool to use since it dries right away and there's no bristles to harbor bacteria and no ongoing costs of replacing brushes.  As for the durabillity, I did have a genuine Forea Luna and it died within the first year - what a waste of money.  The dupe is still going strong after a year. I also like that a full charge last a good 4 months. It's a great tool with lots of happy users, but each to their own.  

Highlighted
Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

Hey, now that you put it like that, it does sound interesting. Less maintenance w/ replacement items & cleaning the unit. Good charge time at 4 MONTHS! WOW Impressive.
If my brushes ever break down, that's something I will DEFINITELY consider as a replacement. Clarisonic has never versions out on the market that I'm not too fond of, so I will need to change up at some point. Thanks for opening my eyes to another great option.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I second @JeanLouiseFinch's Foreo Luna dupe recommendation.  I purchased the model she recommended from an Amazon seller back in October. I love it!  It is so much better than the authentic Clarisonic I was using.  I highly recommend.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I too used the Clairisonic and switched to the foreo luna and like it much better. I am a gadget junkie and use the Tria laser, not the hair removal one, and the Tria eye laser unit that I really love for the comfort and area concentration. I also use the Nuface mini and get wonderful results. I think getting results from the nuface is related to how easily your muscles respond. I have always developed muscle tone easily, think of the old endomorph. mesomorph, ectomorph classifications. I am definitely the mesomorph type. I used the light laser, but saw little results from that so put it away. I am a routine type of person, so rotating my "tools" works for me. I paid a lot to have in office laser treatments done, so using the at home versions is fine with me.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@course24 -

I'll chime in as another who has and likes the Foreo Luna Dupe. My Clarisonic was never used once after I got my dupe.

I also use the Emjoi Micro-Pedi (original battery operated) and the Emjoi eRase.