Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 800
Registered: ‎01-11-2012

I hope HSN lets him be himself on air. My favorite part of his presentations was when he would talk directly to the camera at his audience. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 24,719
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Can someone tell me what happens to the autoships from Evine when he leaves?? 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,693
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

There is certainly room for more than one top tier (or if they prefer to call it premiere) line at a shopping channel.  It would not make sense for Qurate to have interest in adding Skinn to the overcrowded beauty lineups at QVC and HSN.  Furthermore, Qurate  definitely sems to be more interested in adding brands which younger customers are familiar with from seeing in their shopping trips to brick and mortar  beauty emporiums (Sephora, Ultra, and department store beauty counters).  Skinn doesn't fit the bill.  

 

On the other hand, even if his sales have dropped Skinn is probably still a profitable brand for Evine.  As the third runner up they wouldn't be dropping brands unless the vendor wanted to move on.  It's also possible that due to his worldwide travels to shopping channels around the globe, perhaps Dimitri wants to cut back on his Evine on air schedule.  That would probably free up more time for him to devote to product development and marketing which is the only way any brand can grow.   

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,424
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Who says you cant go home again, Dimitri was on HSN with Parthena in the mid to late 90's.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,243
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@Trix wrote:

There is certainly room for more than one top tier (or if they prefer to call it premiere) line at a shopping channel.  It would not make sense for Qurate to have interest in adding Skinn to the overcrowded beauty lineups at QVC and HSN.  Furthermore, Qurate  definitely sems to be more interested in adding brands which younger customers are familiar with from seeing in their shopping trips to brick and mortar  beauty emporiums (Sephora, Ultra, and department store beauty counters).  Skinn doesn't fit the bill.  

 

On the other hand, even if his sales have dropped Skinn is probably still a profitable brand for Evine.  As the third runner up they wouldn't be dropping brands unless the vendor wanted to move on.  It's also possible that due to his worldwide travels to shopping channels around the globe, perhaps Dimitri wants to cut back on his Evine on air schedule.  That would probably free up more time for him to devote to product development and marketing which is the only way any brand can grow.   


@Trix, he is debuting on HSN on March 6th according to his FB page.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,424
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Skinn was never on HSN, Skinn was on Shop at Home, he was on HSN before that with Parthena.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,985
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Wow! Very interesting! I can see Skinn being very successful on HSN, I wonder though how Signature Club A and Elysee and some of the other skincare lines on HSN feel about this?

 

It will be very interesting to see in about 3-6 months how all of these changes are doing.......

 

I am sure Dimitri will be paired with Colleen and Amy for the most part, since they seem to be the skincare and makeup gurus of HSN.....Although I know Colleen is a huge Lancome devotee, so that could be interesting as well...... 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,061
Registered: ‎09-16-2010

@SilleeMee wrote:

Can someone tell me what happens to the autoships from Evine when he leaves?? 


we will be notified @SilleeMee according to the comment on skinn FB. which means cancellation I suppose Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,061
Registered: ‎09-16-2010

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Wow! Very interesting! I can see Skinn being very successful on HSN, I wonder though how Signature Club A and Elysee and some of the other skincare lines on HSN feel about this?

 

It will be very interesting to see in about 3-6 months how all of these changes are doing.......

 

I am sure Dimitri will be paired with Colleen and Amy for the most part, since they seem to be the skincare and makeup gurus of HSN.....Although I know Colleen is a huge Lancome devotee, so that could be interesting as well...... 


lots of clearance on Elysee products this visit which rarely happens. so I was wondering myself. Hope they stay with HSN. 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 195
Registered: ‎12-11-2010

I went to the HSN website, typed in "Skinn Cosmetics" and a page popped up stating it will be coming to HSN soon and gives the option of signing up with your email to be notified of upcoming events Smiley Happy