Honored Contributor

On Evine's CS page is a nice letter saying they wish Dimitri well in his new venture and that they had wanted him there for a Jan appearance and it did not work out, and that he is moving to another shopping network. 

Respected Contributor

Dimittri, who I like very much, was forced out of Evine. I dont believe Evine's message that they wanted him back.

Regular Contributor

Well, Reever,  if that is true ( and I’m not saying it isn’t), then Evine just shot itself in the foot in my opinion. 

Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Dimittri, who I like very much, was forced out of Evine. I dont believe Evine's message that they wanted him back.

Well Reever if that's a true statement I would like to see your proof.   If you have nothing then it's just another opinion. 

Honored Contributor

Evine preliminary Q4 results are not surprising. ..projected $10 million loss for the period ending Feb 2 2019.

Now I understand more why they wanted a Skinn visit in Jan, not to thank or celebrate D's tenure and contributions but to squeeze loyal Skinn customers for shipping fees! It would have generated emotional shopping like what happened with Beekman's final shows. ::Woman Tongue

The March 27th Q4 results conference call with Evine CEO will reveal more details.  Wonder what plans they have to increase sales & stop the bleeding...

MINNEAPOLIS, March 06, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Evine Live Inc. (“Evine”) (NASDAQ: EVLV) today announced preliminary unaudited results for the fourth quarter ended February 2, 2019.  Additionally, the company announced the date of its fourth quarter fiscal 2018 earnings release which is planned for March 27, 2019 before the market opens.

Preliminary Fourth Quarter Summary

• Net revenues of $155 million to $158 million, a decrease of 12% to 13% compared to the comparable 13-week period from last year
  • Net Loss expected to be between $10.0 and $10.6 million
  • EPS expected to be between ($0.15) and ($0.16)
  • Adjusted EBITDA expected to be between ($5.3) and ($5.9) million
  • Total liquidity of $36 million at year end, consisting of unrestricted cash of approximately $20 million and $16 million of availability on the Company’s revolving credit facility
  • Inventory of $65 million decreased 5% compared to the end of fiscal 2017
  • Total Debt of approximately $71 million, compared to $74 million at the end of fiscal 2017 and $69 million at the end of the third quarter of fiscal 2018
  • Company has recently implemented a profit improvement plan with an expected annualized impact of $5 million
  • Successfully launched Serious Skincare, a long-standing and innovative beauty brand co-founded by Jennifer Flavin-Stallone
  • Announced a collaboration with the iconic Jane Fonda, where Evine will develop an exclusive and comprehensive lifestyle brand
  • Continued to gain traction with our new Los Angeles studio to enhance our programming and attract new brands

Executive Commentary – Bob Rosenblatt, CEO

“Our quarter fell short of our expectations.  This reflected the continued impact of the loss of a key brand coupled with the delayed launch of Serious Skincare as previously disclosed along with the overall softness experienced in the retail sector. 

“We had a strong first half of 2018, and we believe the softer financial results experienced in the second half of the year are short-term in nature.  We are focused on reversing these trends.  Our goal to maximize shareholder value by leveraging our fully built out direct-to-consumer platform, curating our brand portfolio and increasing awareness to drive customer growth remains the same as we continue on our journey, solidly positioned at the intersection of retail, entertainment and technology.”

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

So is the brand they allude to losing,  Beekman, or Skinn...or both?

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

So is the brand they allude to losing,  Beekman, or Skinn...or both?

@Mothertrucker Beekman left around the middle of last year, so I assume that they are referring to Skinn.  I don't think that Evine was expecting Skinn to leave and they were also expecting SSC to start on Evine sooner, so it impacted their earnings for the past couple of quarters.  

Super Contributor

Three words I still have no clue about...

1. Skinn

2. Evine

3. Demetri

who are they, what are they and where are they, and why are they always here?

Respected Contributor

Re: SKINN leaving Evine????

[ Edited ]

@Thebig I wrote:

Three words I still have no clue about...

1. Skinn

2. Evine

3. Demetri

who are they, what are they and where are they, and why are they always here?

@Thebig I SKINN is a beauty brand.  They were prevously on EVINE and now on HSN.   DIMITRI James is the creator of Skinn.  They are mentioned here because they are an online shopping network beauty brand that is very popular.  Now that they are appearing on HSN, they might show up on QVC as well.

Super Contributor

Thank you Linmo, I have been reading about them for years!