Honored Contributor

@the mink  If he is leaving, rest assure that he will be on another home shopping network, possibly QVC.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

I hope he doesn't leave. Evine already lost Beekman to HSN and they brought in good sales for them despite what some may think about their products. With them being dead last when it comes to home shopping, it would be a good idea to try and keep their popular lines. I know they have other beauty lines, but Dimitri offers products I'm more inclined to use, especially his 6X balms and lip glosses. I'm just not interested in the other vendors. But if he does go, I'll just buy direct when I need to. 

@Cumbercookie13@Tricolor@conlt

Skinn has set of 4 Holiday Collection 6X Balms on his site for $14.

• Lip 6X Balm: Candy Cane
  • Lip 6X Balm: Pumpkin Spice
  • Lip 6X Balm: Ginger Bread
  • Lip 6X Balm: Sugar Cookie

I ordered these over the weekend when I saw it pop up on Facebook. That's an awesome price. Thank you.

Regular Contributor

@BeckiWV    Lots of speculation going on.  Overall the TV shopping has not had much growth in recent years (at least not what investors want) and demographically younger generations are not interested and never watch.  So it is a population of aging women who often tend to buy less as they age.  It is consolidation time. 

QVC and HSN are now jointly owned and product lines are being analyzed and the cutting has begun. Today it was announced that Joy Magnano products are out at HSN.  No doubt most of the cutting will be at HSN but we do not know what the end game is.

If Evine is out at Evine I doubt that he could interest QVC/HSN. Management is looking for growth opportunities not the same old. Who know what their criteria is but nothing is a given at this point. 

Over the decades I have seen such things occur in many markets and because so much of it is driven by financial analysis, mistakes are often made that ends up losing customers. I hope that is not the case here but only time will tell.

Super Contributor

Skinn has had monopoly in the skincare space over at EVINE until now. I know a brand that left because it was too hard to compete with his audience and Dimitri had a lot to say about other brands and competitive formulas on air with ingredients that he consistently highlights. TV networds listen to their key players and slot new brands in strategically. With that said, if and when SSC comes on board, he will be out of the picture or at best on the D-list. Money talks and I am sure EVINE is banking on the SSC customer to jump ship.

Personally, I started to watch SSC back in 1999 or 2000 and have nothing but the best memories (and results) from the Buff Polish, Glycolic Renewal Gel, Triple Acting Glycolic Mask and a few others. When Lesa Stock low key exited (it was a blessing for them it happened before social media) and Jennifer took over, I lost interest. Her constant need to try and dupe existing skincare hits got exhausting to watch.

I also don't believe SSC has the same core audience they've had for years. With the beauty industry becoming more transparent, consumer getting more aware and educated, social media, influencers, etc -- Serious Skin Care lost its luster.

JMO

Contributor

Well it's official.  SSC is now listed on Evine.

Valued Contributor

Re: SKINN leaving Evine????

[ Edited ]

Skinn posted on FB that their debut on HSN is March 6th.

Trusted Contributor

Yup it’s official,  good for D! So much for locking in on the subscriptions.  I will miss my body buttersWoman LOL They won’t be on Evine for the Jan shows.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow,this is all so weird with serious skincare going to evine and now skinn going to hsn AND about the same time!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jen44 wrote:

Skinn posted on FB that their debut on HSN is March 6th.

WHERE? I'm looking and I don't see it? Which post/thread? 

Valued Contributor

Image may contain: text