Honored Contributor

Re: SKINN TTV Dimitri Said Something About Silicones In Hair Care

@Andreatoo wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

I'm generally a Wen girl but I do try new things to defray the cost of the Wen! Haven't quite found a less expensive replacement, the Theorie argan line comes close so I alternate, but Dimitri's didn't fit my criteria! So expensive! $92.00 for the system?? AND he wants us using at least 8 pumps?!

Even if the results were good the regular cost is prohibitive so it seemed a waste to try it

How did you find out the cost? I didn't think it was available yet. And what do you mean by "the system"? I am only interested in the shampoo and conditioner but not for $92?

According to the breakdown they gave us for the TTV the 12 oz bottles of shampoo and conditioner are regularly $34 each and the serum, that he stressed you apply before rinsing out the conditioner, is an additional $24. ...

Not that I really care about the silicones (nor are they making my hair 'slide out' of my scalp lol) I did run in to the bathroom to check my bottles and he was right...

ah okay! He usually has pretty good deals when he is on so I bet it won't be as much. Hopefully? I still don't think I'd want to pay $68 dollars for shampoo and conditioner- that is more than WEN- but if it is a good deal, like under $50 for both I would try it.

Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:

I busted open my shampoo and conditioner this morning. The shampoo smelled like grapefruit to me....yummy! But the conditioner was a little bit gritty and smelled like nothing but alcohol. Second ingredient is cetearyl alcohol, but that's true in a lot of conditioners (I compared it to my Redken color care conditioner.) But the alcohol is ALL I could smell. I don't remember my sample packets having that smell. I went ahead and used it and my hair does look quite nice today.

That is a fatty aclohol, not a drying kind and not one that should smell like alcohol, assuming you mean a isopropyl or rubbing alcohol type smell?

Respected Contributor

Yes! Smells strongly of rubbing alcohol. For those of you who received yours', does it have a smell?
Trusted Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
Yes! Smells strongly of rubbing alcohol. For those of you who received yours', does it have a smell?

@Rachb I received my hair care set today...I went and opened the shampoo (very grapefruit and fresh!) then I smelled the conditioner and...it smells like grapefruit as well...not as strong but I didn't smell any alcohol smell at all...sorry yours does...mine was not gritty either...I pumped some out on my hand and creamy smooth...maybe you got a bunk one ( I would return for an exchange and complain to Evine to get a discount!) HTH's

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rachb wrote:

This is surprising.  When I tried the samples, I found the fragrance to be very light, almost non-existent and certainly not offensive.  My hearing might not be so good anymore, but my DH always says my nose can detect smells like no one else.  Anyway, I haven't used my new kit yet, but just opened everything up to take a whiff.  To me, all three parts have the same scent.  I had to take a really long, deliberate whiff to get a good idea of the smell.  It's just a light, clean scent, but not overpowering at all.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Rachb wrote:

This is surprising.  When I tried the samples, I found the fragrance to be very light, almost non-existent and certainly not offensive.  My hearing might not be so good anymore, but my DH always says my nose can detect smells like no one else.  Anyway, I haven't used my new kit yet, but just opened everything up to take a whiff.  To me, all three parts have the same scent.  I had to take a really long, deliberate whiff to get a good idea of the smell.  It's just a light, clean scent, but not overpowering at all.

Hi Jean.  Is this a cleansing conditioner?  I HOPE not.  I just received mine today, and I have yet to open it.  I so hope it works.  I just can't use WEN like products due to the film and buildup on an already compromised scalp.  

Ladies is this a CC? TIA  WIN

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Rachb wrote:

Hi Jean.  Is this a cleansing conditioner?  I HOPE not.  I just received mine today, and I have yet to open it.  I so hope it works.  I just can't use WEN like products due to the film and buildup on an already compromised scalp.  

From what I've read here, no, win, it is not a cleansing conditioner. There is a shampoo, a conditioner, and a shine product, I believe, that you apply after the conditioner.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Thanks SuzyQ!! Smiley Happy 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Rachb wrote:

@winamac1  No, Win, not at all.  I think I replied to you in another thread, but anyhow.... It's a complete system - legit shampoo, separate conditioner, and a bottle of a spray that's used during the conditioning step to close and seal the hair cuticle.  Check out the details on Evine, you'll also see a video of Dimitri using it on someone.  Also, under "Usage & Ingredients" you'll have everything spelled out.  

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

Has Dimitri offered full sizes of shampoo & conditioner yet? I haven't watched any shows but I checked Evine a couple of days ago and I didn't see shampoo & conditioner. I'm interested in purchasing when they are available. TIA.

@UMDTerpFan  Yes!  They were launched in a TTV last weekend (310-483).  That kit is still available and the only way to get the haircare products right now.  Some of us have received notices though, that shipping has been delayed, so it seems they oversold on the TTV.  I don't know how new orders will be impacted. 

@Jeanlouisefinch - Thanks for the item number! Think I'm going to order it. Looks like it's got some great reviews so far.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!