Honored Contributor

SKINN'S Enlightened Radiance products: A few questions for the Dazzlers.

I have a few sample packets of the cream (sent to me by SKINN CS). No complaints. What I'm wondering is based on using a product/line by Signature Club A  that I felt was very misleading regarding how results are achieved and I want to make sure that SKINN isn't of the same vein.

Signature Club A makes the product Sleep Deprivation Capsules with Wake UP Light Up Technology. Over time, they brighten your skin. And they do because I used them. However, HOW it works is by coating your skin with this glaze, if you will, that makes your skin look lighter but isn't really lightening your skin. Does that make sense? She says that over time it WILL help to lighten spots, uneven coloring but if you exfoliate, you lose all the brightening results AND you often have bright streaks due to residue left behind. It's.... bizarre.

I want to make sure that the SKINN line isn't offering this brightening effect in the same way. I know the powder is a glow product but I'm wondering about the serum and the cream...the cream DOES have a golden glow to it but doesn't appear to leave a residue behind and is NOT heavy on the sheen (which SCA was... VERY much so).

I suppose I"m looking for true user feedback and not the writing from an ad. Any info would be great!!! TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: SKINN'S Enlightened Radiance products: A few questions for the Dazzlers.

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

I have a few sample packets of the cream (sent to me by SKINN CS). No complaints. What I'm wondering is based on using a product/line by Signature Club A  that I felt was very misleading regarding how results are achieved and I want to make sure that SKINN isn't of the same vein.

Signature Club A makes the product Sleep Deprivation Capsules with Wake UP Light Up Technology. Over time, they brighten your skin. And they do because I used them. However, HOW it works is by coating your skin with this glaze, if you will, that makes your skin look lighter but isn't really lightening your skin. Does that make sense? She says that over time it WILL help to lighten spots, uneven coloring but if you exfoliate, you lose all the brightening results AND you often have bright streaks due to residue left behind. It's.... bizarre.

I want to make sure that the SKINN line isn't offering this brightening effect in the same way. I know the powder is a glow product but I'm wondering about the serum and the cream...the cream DOES have a golden glow to it but doesn't appear to leave a residue behind and is NOT heavy on the sheen (which SCA was... VERY much so).

I suppose I"m looking for true user feedback and not the writing from an ad. Any info would be great!!! TIA

@SahmIam - I have the Enlightened Radiance spot treatment, serum, and cream.  I haven't tried the cream at all yet, but do use the spot treatment and serum.  They penetrate the skin (don't just sit on top) and have multiple forms of Vitamin C, which aids in lightening/brightening.  I don't understand what AA is saying about exfoliating.  That's a key part of skincare, IMO, to help get rid of the dead surface stuff and enable treatement products to penetrate better.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch No, no...what I was saying about AA was the PRODUCT when you exfoliate tends to leave streaks of what appears to be lighter skin when it's actually a build of a product. You then have to build up the "brightening" appearance by building up layers of it until you do a scrub or peel and then repeat. 

I've seen other brightening products that achieve the same results by building up a layer of the product on the skin so it appears brighter but then doing a scrub or peel removes the look and you're back at square one.

What I want to know is: does the SKINN line brighten the skin over time because it's actually lightening the skin/spots? How does it achieve the brighter appearance over time?

Does that make sense? 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch No, no...what I was saying about AA was the PRODUCT when you exfoliate tends to leave streaks of what appears to be lighter skin when it's actually a build of a product. You then have to build up the "brightening" appearance by building up layers of it until you do a scrub or peel and then repeat. 

I've seen other brightening products that achieve the same results by building up a layer of the product on the skin so it appears brighter but then doing a scrub or peel removes the look and you're back at square one.

What I want to know is: does the SKINN line brighten the skin over time because it's actually lightening the skin/spots? How does it achieve the brighter appearance over time?

Does that make sense? 

Oh, OK.  Yes, the skin will lighten with various Skinn products, but it doesn't happen overnight.  Diligence and patience is needed.  Most skin lightening products that I'm aware of use hydroquinone as the lightening ingredient because it actually bleaches the skin.  Hydroquinone is actually an "illegal" ingredient in some countries so Dimitri just doesn't use it at all, he uses a combination of other ingredients.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can tell you that Adrienne's product of which you speak is different than Skinn's Enlightened Radiance grouping, @SahmIam.

Dimitri uses various forms of Vitamin C, natural ingredients, and peptides to address the lightening/brightening/spot treatment of uneven skintone and hyperpigmentation.  This is done from the skin surface inward and penetrates when applied.  Regular exfoliation is important to remove dead skin cells, but no product residue is left behind.

From my own experience with his prior items to target this issue, they do work over time with consistent use.  Think in terms of at least 90 days.  I used the group for around two years, but achieved the balanced skintone I was seeking and now maintain with the DWP group.

The strongest are the new capsules, followed by the concentrate, then serum diminishing outward through the moisturizer.  You would design your regime depending on your specific need...meaning that you may not need the whole group. HTH'sWoman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

THank you ladies!!