Honored Contributor

Re: SKINN Opa! - Shipping/Delivery Bummer :(

@Chi-town girl  Oh, no worries!!! : )  I often think they say stuff so quickly and talk over each other (hosts and vendors) that often, we miss what they say. I caught it; it may have been the only time they said it due to some legal-eagle saying "now whoa there...".

Who knows.

Still, why present something as GET IT NOW BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE PRESALE IT AND YOU'LL BE THE FIRST if you're getting it the SAME DANG TIME as everyone else? Like someone said, maybe it was an EVINE gimmick (grrrrrrrr) to see how it would do. Who knows.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam - it's nice to know I'm not the only one thinking this way, but life goes on.  I'll just have to be patient (something I'm not always good at Smiley Wink)

Respected Contributor

The way I remember Dimitri saying this, he said, Call customer service to pre-order after you get your sample if you are interested and like it. I took that as being to see how much interest there would be in how much to bring to Evine. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh brother, @JeanLouiseFinch !  I was afraid this would happen.  I remember posting about the December delayed ship, but Evine isn't great with this as the hosts barely, if ever, mention delayed shipments and Evine just runs a strip on the screen so it's easy to miss.  What makes me seethe is they secure your order so it can't be cancelled.

I had this experience awhile back and was really disappointed after-the-fact to have to wait.  My delayed ship came earlier than quoted so I hope yours does the same.  HTH"sWoman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

@Gokat wrote:

Oh brother, @JeanLouiseFinch !  I was afraid this would happen.  I remember posting about the December delayed ship, but Evine isn't great with this as the hosts barely, if ever, mention delayed shipments and Evine just runs a strip on the screen so it's easy to miss.  What makes me seethe is they secure your order so it can't be cancelled.

I had this experience awhile back and was really disappointed after-the-fact to have to wait.  My delayed ship came earlier than quoted so I hope yours does the same.  HTH"sWoman Happy

Thanks @Gokat.  Actually, as long as it's still showing as "in process", it is able to be cancelled.  I decided to just let it ride and hope for the best.  What's really going to irk me is if they ship the day before we see Dimitri next and he shows up with a cologne set for not much more money.

Respected Contributor

You're right, @JeanLouiseFinch.  Now that I think about it, the delayed ship wasn't secured until it was shipped. 

The one silver lining is the holiday extended returns.  If he DOES come up with something better, you can always return the first one.  I have to think he'll give us a special price/configuration for the formal intro to loosen up our pursetrings!Woman LOL

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Trusted Contributor

I received a sample of the fragrance and wasn't impressed. Too strong.

Honored Contributor

Well, my Opa! finally arrived a little over a week ago.  I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed.  I like it but it doesn't seem to last very long.  I'm contemplating a return.