Honored Contributor

@Beautiful life wrote:

Thanks! 

Have you seen much improvement with the Chin -Up?

what is AHA?

@Beautiful life  I'm assuming these questions are for me.  I've seen better results from the blue (firming) than the yellow (redensifying).  

AHA = Alpha Hydroxy Acid.  I've made my own pads with Alpha Hydrox Intensive Serum and some inexpensive, very thin, single thickness rounds that came from overseas.  

Trusted Contributor

@Beautiful life I swear by Skinn chin up (blue) firm and lift followed by his Neck Amour...it has really made a visible difference in my chin and neck..I have a slight double chin ( working on that everyday lol) but I know for loose skin the yellow (Redensify) is supposed to help...to be honest, I got a yellow one by mistake a while back andmix a pump of it with the blue figuring it couldn't hurt lol... but the neck amour is a HG!!! My neck hasn't looked this good in years! HTH's

Super Contributor

Thank you! I'm going to try it

Honored Contributor

Check ebay, Igot my Neck Amour on ebay a while back for a very low price.

Respected Contributor

Re: SKINN Neck Amour

[ Edited ]

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

@Beautiful life I swear by Skinn chin up (blue) firm and lift followed by his Neck Amour...it has really made a visible difference in my chin and neck..I have a slight double chin ( working on that everyday lol) but I know for loose skin the yellow (Redensify) is supposed to help...to be honest, I got a yellow one by mistake a while back andmix a pump of it with the blue figuring it couldn't hurt lol... but the neck amour is a HG!!! My neck hasn't looked this good in years! HTH's

Paula's Take:  Two Stars  ChinUp

Last Updated:01.08.2014
Jar Packaging:No
Tested on animals:No

The claims for this moisturizer designed for the neck are so over-the-top it makes me ill to think of the number of women who are falling for it. You’re asked to believe that it contains ingredients that can burn fat and eliminate a double chin, which sags because of fat pads that have pushed through stretched-out muscle. It also includes an ingredient complex that claims to slow aging on the neck by 33%. What a bizarre assertion.

Does that mean your neck will look younger for 33% longer than the rest of you? And what is younger? Your neck will look five minutes younger, but your face only two minutes younger? None of this is possible, especially because the Skinn line doesn’t offer any sunscreens. There are absolutely no skin-care products that can firm a chin or lift a neck; you can keep slathering stuff on, but that isn’t going to change a thing. Perhaps wishful thinking is what Skinn hopes will keep you younger.

This is nothing more than a standard lightweight, lotion-like moisturizer. It contains some good ingredients for dry skin anywhere on the body, but absolutely cannot spot-reduce fat to eliminate a double chin. The physiological factors that lead to a double chin with age have to do with fat accumulation, skin sagging (the effects of gravity and the fact that the body continues to make more skin even as we age), and bone loss, among other factors. Skin-care products cannot affect any of this—none of it.

A key point of difference with this product is the inclusion of the ingredient teprenone. Ingredient manufacturers selling this ingredient to cosmetics brands claim it is an active ingredient whose multiple functions include limiting skin-cell senescence (i.e., pre-programmed cell death, when skin cell reproduction starts slowing down and eventually stopping as we grow older). As it turns out, this ingredient is a drug that Skinn appears to be using off-label, meaning that it is really a pharmaceutical, which my research indicates is against FDA regulations.

Teprenone is the brand name of a drug known as geranylgeranylacetone, which is used to treat gastric ulcers and is being researched as an option for slowing age-related hearing loss (Sources: Brain Research, May 2008, pages 9–17; and Digestion, October 2007, pages 215–224). What do hearing loss and ulcers have to do with aging skin? One of the key ways geranylgeranylacetone works is by influencing heat-shock proteins, which help other proteins interact as they should at the cellular level, which in turn affects many systems in the body. Heat-shock proteins are most active during times of stress, such as exposure to cigarette smoke and unprotected, direct sunlight. When heat-shock proteins are reduced (which ultimately is what you want because that means reducing inflammation, which is essential for protecting cell development), cells appear to live longer. That’s the association.

We suppose Dimitri James theorized that geranylgeranylacetone (as teprenone) may also have a helpful effect when applied topically. After all, skin has heat-shock proteins, and it certainly is exposed to enough stressful situations so that an ingredient that could help these proteins function more efficiently would be a benefit. However, there’s no research proving that topically applied geranylgeranylacetone has any effect on heat-shock proteins in skin. What works when you take it orally does not always relate to topical application. Moreover, as previously mentioned, Skinn is using a drug ingredient in a cosmetic product, which means the consumer is the guinea pig. For that reason alone, this isn’t a product worth considering, though the overall formula doesn’t deserve a Poor rating.

Trusted Contributor

Re: SKINN Neck Amour

[ Edited ]

Hey @Funloving I understand that Paula is not one of Dimitri's fans..but that review makes it sound like he was the one who decided to use trepenone all on his own out of thin air...it is a cosmetic active created by Sederma called Renovage and has been used and shown for many years to help skin stay looking younger longer...google Renovage for those studies... Paula uses hydroquinone (a skin bleach) which is banned in UK,Canada, Australia and many other countries for cancer scares and Dimitri doesn't choose to use it in his lightening formulas (neither does Manuela) but it is legal for use here in the USA! She should not be tsk tsking him about Renovage... I know Chin up works because I have used it and seen a difference (and tried MANY MANY neck creams that just felt good and moisturized and that was all they did!!!) I won't get into the debate about her reviewing products while she sells her own skincare as it will derail this thread...I gave MY opinion about the product which the OP asked for...YMMV Woman Wink

Super Contributor

Thanks ladies