Respected Contributor

SKINN - Interesting News

[ Edited ]

We have to be approved for shows with HSN, from my understanding. Show dates are not booked months in advance with HSN it is more of a month by month schedule. Show dates are approved and posted for the next month after our last visit. Just a friendly reminder, ALL networks are different and approve show dates and times at their own pace. Please keep in mind that we are still new with HSN and we still need to prove we belong there. In my personal opinion, instead of being supportive, friends have been very resentful and this is not showing HSN that we deserve to be there.

Things have changed, but for the better, I promise! There are so many more changes coming and we are starting to have more sales and promotions through Skinn.com. I'm hopeful for more kits and specials in the future. Skinn is not going anywhere in the US, we are just getting a little make-over.

Respected Contributor

Re: From Skinn Cosmetics-Good to Know!

@FlowerBear   Thanks for posting this.  I've been wondering about him.  Maybe I will just start going to his website now.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Re: From Skinn Cosmetics-Good to Know!

It's great that they communicated this, @FlowerBear. Hope they will do that even more going forward. More communication and transparency prevent people from making mistaken assumptions.

I don't especially care for the characterization that their own fans and customers are being resentful. Best to keep it light, positive, and grateful when it comes to discussing your own customers.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

Re: SKINN - Interesting News

not sure i buy this.
1. i say that because vendors need to know more than 30 days in advance, so that they can have enough of whatever products the network wants to carry.

2. i have heard many vendors there say, "i won't be back until XX", where XX is usually 2 months later. and some hosts will say to the vendor  "you're not back until XX", where XX is the same 2 months, or whatever.

3. some of the january schedule is already available and has been for a few weeks.

many vendors need 3+ months to produce the quantity for a tsv.

while some vendors may have to prove themselves, it makes me wonder why they accepted him in the first place, as he had a following on evine. perhaps the first shows on the new network, did not do as well as expected.

i wonder what his agent/lawyer negotiated for the 1st year or 1st 2 years, in terms of the # of shows/appearances?

while i don't purchase his line, i wish him well.

Trusted Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

not sure i buy this.
1. i say that because vendors need to know more than 30 days in advance, so that they can have enough of whatever products the network wants to carry.

2. i have heard many vendors there say, "i won't be back until XX", where XX is usually 2 months later. and some hosts will say to the vendor  "you're not back until XX", where XX is the same 2 months, or whatever.

3. some of the january schedule is already available and has been for a few weeks.

while some vendors may have to prove themselves, it makes me wonder why they accepted him in the first place, as he had a following on evine. perhaps the first shows on the new network, did not do as well as expected.

i wonder what his agent/lawyer negotiated for the 1st year or 1st 2 years, in terms of the # of shows/appearances?

In general I agree with you. Skinn is a proven line. It has a huge following. SSC was huge too and they let it go for basically Skinn,  IMO. That's all fine. Why not make a huge splash but they didn't really. It doesn't explain the lack of kits and specials. It's been a year now and hardly anything? I've bought more off D's site compared to HSN. They had better deals and extras. A part of me wishes he'd go back to HQ but that's history. Oh well. Smiley Happy 

Valued Contributor

@FlowerBear  where did that come from? Did you email them and got that response? 

Respected Contributor

@PinkSunset    Yes, I did send a FB message to Skinn to ask a couple of questions and they sent me a message back.  It was nice to get a reply since some of the companies never reply.

Respected Contributor

Wow they called the customer base "resentful"!  YIKES!!

They must be under pressure to get HSN/QVC to put them on the schedule more often and also offer kits and things with better pricing like he used to do back on Evine (IMO).

I suspect his sales on HSN have been low and that is why he is not getting the time on air.  It's all about how much you sell and if other lines are doing better then you get less air time.

Contributor

They are not stupid....dont think for a minute they dont read this blog. Thats obvious by their response.    And yes their are a lot of customers asking a lot of questions.  You build your fan base a certain way, then TOTALLY change the way you do things.   People that could afford before, now cant..  I think the customers have a right to be resentful at this point, and I also think it is bad they called them that.

As far as scheduling, that made me laugh.  You can't just give 30 days notice to a vendor who is scheduled all over the world months in advance......any of the vendors.   They all have huge companies to take care of.

If they dont do something right soon, its going to be too late.  People are trying other companies.....

Regular Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

not sure i buy this.

@iwrite good points...especially on 2. 

Beekman's move to HSN has been satisfing to me, but not Skinn. But I know the Beekmans moved to HSN earlier than Skinn.