Honored Contributor

Re: SKINN Intellitint CC Cream

On 7/27/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 7/27/2014 HappyDaze said:

I had bought his foundation serum stuff from ebay awhile back and it is pretty darn runny too. It doesn't have alot of coverage either. I wonder if perhaps his foundations/cc are all more liquidy than most?

I'm not sure - this is the first CC/foundation I've purchased from SKINN. I don't know what to expect from his cosmetics, but based on this one product, I'm unimpressed. I guess I'll just stick with his skincare in the future.

Yeah the one I bought was the one and only SKINN product period. I thought it was nice, a bit sticky however. It wasn't something I'd repurchase though. I did just order the TTV with the body oil JUST for the body oil. I figure, how can you go wrong with that? I plan on selling the cleansers and the dermappeal on ebay. I will keep the hand cream to try or give it to my mom. Have you tried the hand cream?

Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 7/27/2014 Andreatoo said: I received that in a kit sometime ago. I found it to be a pretty useless product. No better than a runnny foundation not sure why it has a cc label

I wore it today, and felt it gave light coverage. I had a difficult time applying it though, because it gushes out so quickly (due to the runny consistency). So, your CC cream is also quite runny, then?

yes it is runny. I'm calling it useless because I don't need another foundation. It would have been nice if it least had some sunscreen in it! I've always thought that a CC or a BB should do more than just coverage

Yes, I was also surprised that this CC didn't offer any SPF! I thought this was becoming the standard in most CC/BB creams?

I think you should get a replacement. At least give it a try with a "non compromised" product. I'm gonna check mine as soon as it arrives next week. Will let you know. Thx for posting...now Dimitri-bring on some OTO's!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

HD - yes, I've tried the hand cream (I actually have a couple of unopened tubes that came in kits). It's a nice consistency, very emollient, but the smell is a bit off-putting. However, I am very scent-sensitive, so it might just be me. I need to get back into the habit of at least applying it right before bed, when the smell won't bother me for too long, lol!

Honored Contributor

Thanks Colonel Meow! I hope I don't mind the scent.

Honored Contributor

the plasma foundation is really nice and is lighter than air. It's not heavy at all but it's not super full coverage either but I like it. I also like his eye shadows and his smudge sticks .the orchid gel is a good product too. the only thing I did not like was the CC cream as far as his makeup goes. I'm not as impressed with his skin care.
Honored Contributor

HD - yes, I've tried the hand cream (I actually have a couple of unopened tubes that came in kits). It's a nice consistency, very emollient, but the smell is a bit off-putting. However, I am very scent-sensitive, so it might just be me. I need to get back into the habit of at least applying it right before bed, when the smell won't bother me for too long, lol!

I can't handle the smell of his hand cream either!
Super Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Andreatoo said: the plasma foundation is really nice and is lighter than air. It's not heavy at all but it's not super full coverage either but I like it. I also like his eye shadows and his smudge sticks .the orchid gel is a good product too. the only thing I did not like was the CC cream as far as his makeup goes. I'm not as impressed with his skin care.

I've been tempted to try his eye shadows (particularly the Desert Glimmer and Metallic Vibe palettes), but am usually dissuaded by other posters who say that there isn't much color payoff. Do you have either of these palettes?

Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Andreatoo said: the plasma foundation is really nice and is lighter than air. It's not heavy at all but it's not super full coverage either but I like it. I also like his eye shadows and his smudge sticks .the orchid gel is a good product too. the only thing I did not like was the CC cream as far as his makeup goes. I'm not as impressed with his skin care.

I've been tempted to try his eye shadows (particularly the Desert Glimmer and Metallic Vibe palettes), but am usually dissuaded by other posters who say that there isn't much color payoff. Do you have either of these palettes?

I have four of his shadow palettes - The Enchanteds, The Sophisticates (both patina)the Metallic Vibe and the matte shadows/lip palette/. I LOVE the patina shadows and the color payoff is excellent so I don't understand the criticism. I like the Metallic Vibe mixed with the matte.

The only makeup I haven't liked of his are his BB and CC creams. Colors just don't work for me at all.

Super Contributor

KittyLou - thanks for the review! Do you use an eyelid primer, or anything else that might explain the difference in color payoff?

Honored Contributor

KittyLou - thanks for the review! Do you use an eyelid primer, or anything else that might explain the difference in color payoff?

I do sometimes use a primer (I have a few different ones) and sometimes just use a little of my bb cream on my eyelids. Color payoff is great either way. The patina shadows especially. The light matte ones not as much (but the deeper ones are good payoff). The metallics are VERY shiny (well, they're metallic, after all LOL) and I don't like them alone. I like to use a matte with those for contrast and depth.