Super Contributor

Re: SKINN Intellitint CC Cream

On 7/27/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 7/27/2014 Andreatoo said: the plasma foundation is really nice and is lighter than air. It's not heavy at all but it's not super full coverage either but I like it. I also like his eye shadows and his smudge sticks .the orchid gel is a good product too. the only thing I did not like was the CC cream as far as his makeup goes. I'm not as impressed with his skin care.

I've been tempted to try his eye shadows (particularly the Desert Glimmer and Metallic Vibe palettes), but am usually dissuaded by other posters who say that there isn't much color payoff. Do you have either of these palettes?

I love his eye shadows! If you want more color you can use it wet. I find enough color for me using it dry. The color last all day and no creases.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the review, Kind! You and the other posters have persuaded me to try an eye shadow palette the next time Dimitri offers a good deal!

Respected Contributor

Colonel Meow, I wonder how many here re apply a sunscreen product every 2 hrs after all made up for the day. If you are not, you are not getting protection anyway.

I know I sure dont re apply over my make up.

Super Contributor

On 7/28/2014 SeaGal said:

Colonel Meow, I wonder how many here re apply a sunscreen product every 2 hrs after all made up for the day. If you are not, you are not getting protection anyway.

I know I sure dont re apply over my make up.

I'm so confused about that rule, myself (lol)! Does it apply to physical SPF, too - or only chemical? For example, I wear Elta MD 41 (total physical) under whichever foundation I'm wearing everyday. My makeup would look "gloopy" if I re-applied the Elta every 2 hours over my foundation.

Respected Contributor

I dont think it matters CM. Maybe someone else in the know can chime in on this but I really dont think a foundation with a spf is protecting us all day as we think.

Super Contributor

I dont think it matters CM. Maybe someone else in the know can chime in on this but I really dont think a foundation with a spf is protecting us all day as we think.

Oh, I agree. That's part of the reason why I added a stand alone SPF into my routine, regardless of whether or not my foundation has SPF. I have so many foundations in my rotation, and not all of them have a high SPF, anyway. (Like I said, one of them only has SPF 6!)

I also remember reading that most people don't wear enough foundation to really benefit from the SPF included in it, anyway. I'm somewhat of a novice regarding SPF, so there are so many "rules" I don't know about.

Respected Contributor

I think it is basically a 2 hour rule on sunscreen no matter what it is.

I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Super Contributor

I think it is basically a 2 hour rule on sunscreen no matter what it is.

I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I think it's a question that's worthy of its own thread, actually. I'm off to bed right now, but might start one tomorrow. There are many knowledgeable ladies on this forum, I'm sure they would be happy to "set us straight", lol!

Respected Contributor

We were always taught to re apply sunscreen after 2 hours unless you go in the water, re apply immediately after. I just dont see where facial sunscreen and body sunscreen is any different in that aspect. Like I said, I hope someone will correct me if they know!

They need to make a clear liquid spf in a spritz bottle we can re apply to our faces during the day right!

Night CM, take care. Smile

Regular Contributor

Things then some but it's nice. Consistency has no bearing on how it works.