Trusted Contributor

Re: SKINN Facial Wipes vs. Beekman Facial Wipes for Makeup Removal?

Thank you @MJRAF and @nyc1 for your reviews! 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@MJRAF wrote:

I use Beekman due to the fact that Skinn and most other facial wipes have a preservative in them that I am highly allergic to. I have had no issies with them not removing my makeup.

@MJRAF May I ask what ingredient you are allergic to and what kind of reaction you get from it?  I ask because I have been fighting hives around my eye area for a few months and can't seem to get them under control.  TIA!  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor

After 4 years of misery they finally figured out the the preservative methylisothiazolinone, it takes a lot of forms so I look basically for anything ending in thiazolinone. It is prevalent in most shampoos, hand and dish wash, facila wipes etc. It is banned in most EU products but not here, I would hive up and swell looking like I just went thru a boxing match and lost. I recommend researching this and avoiding at all costs, it may not be the answer to your problems but can't hurt.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have tried both brands. I like the Skinn for my face and use the beekman ones for the body, since they are scented. They are a great pick-me-up for a touch up. Both are nice, it just depends on what you like!

Respected Contributor

I have used both and hands down Beekman's are the WORST wipes ever.  My preference is the Simple or Garnier brand of micellar water wipes.  They work great, no scent, and they actually work on eye makeup. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MJRAF wrote:

After 4 years of misery they finally figured out the the preservative methylisothiazolinone, it takes a lot of forms so I look basically for anything ending in thiazolinone. It is prevalent in most shampoos, hand and dish wash, facila wipes etc. It is banned in most EU products but not here, I would hive up and swell looking like I just went thru a boxing match and lost. I recommend researching this and avoiding at all costs, it may not be the answer to your problems but can't hurt.

@MJRAF   THANK YOU SO MUCH for making me aware of this horrible ingredient.  I just googled it and cannot understand why a line like SKINN would allow this to be added.  I just sent an email to Skinn asking for a reply and letting them know that I was going to toss the remaining 2 packages of wipes that I have.  I'm thankfully not allergic, but who wants to use something so nasty that the EU won't allow it.    I also just pointed this out to a coworker who is suffering with an allergic reaction to something and her eyes are puffed out and red.

Respected Contributor

Was so very disappointed to try Beekman's wipes. They were horrible IMO! Much prefer Skinn over just about any brand out there. There are so many Beekman fans on this board so I don't want to bash the line but I have had a hard time liking many of their products. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]
Contributor
MJRAF

Re: SKINN Facial Wipes vs. Beekman Facial Wipes for Makeup Removal?[ New ]

Contributor

Beware also of any kind of paint :both craft paint and house, I was warned but thought , no big deal, till I came to work one day to find them painting some of the offices and thought I was going to die..paint is volatile and inhaling this chemical is NO fun