Trusted Contributor

Re: SKINN DermAppeal Questions

@bargainsgirl

I'm probably not describing them correctly. They're not plastic beads, more like crystalline particles.

@starlightshine

Yes! Love leaving it on my face for a few minutes...it stings a tad, but then my face feels so smooth. There's also a lovely moisturizing quality after you rinse it off...I have used Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and the Tatcha rice powder exfoliant, but they both left my skin so tight and dry. DermAppeal does not! I love that!
Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess
Yes, I understand, as it really is too harsh for my daughter, who is in her 20s. I think Dimitri said to start with once a week application.
FYI, Lancer has a new Polish for sensitive skin and my daughter loves that.
Honored Contributor

I Found the Derm Appeal left a filmy feeling on my skin. Remember it has baking soda as one of its key ingredients.  Not sure if that is a good thing or not. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're not in the minority, @Icegoddess.  Dermappeal was too harsh for me. Hey, I have to wear this skin for the rest of my life so don't want to harm it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I have yet to find a way to use the sink for face cleansing, esp rinsing, that doesnt get it all over the place!  arms, neck, hair, around the sink, faucets, incl the floor. No revealed secret to counter my sloppiness yet. heh 

Maybe I think I'm a duck!

Emoji Swimming Sticker by B.Duck | Duck cartoon, Cute gif, Duck logo

Esteemed Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn, I use a washcloth to wash my face. No splashing, no mess around the sink or my sleeves.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

When I used DermaPeel I had trouble too getting it all off my skin. I liked it though.

Now I use pureSCRUBS body/face scrub, that I get on Amazon, it is a small business.

Just love the scrubs ( exfoliator ) and there is no strong scent and it is so easy to wash of the skin, beautiful scents too. I get the brown sugar one, and there are other types too.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Avoid the mess and water everywhere by using a washcloth!!

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

When I used DermaPeel I had trouble too getting it all off my skin. I liked it though.

Now I use pureSCRUBS body/face scrub, that I get on Amazon, it is a small business.

Just love the scrubs ( exfoliator ) and there is no strong scent and it is so easy to wash of the skin, beautiful scents too. I get the brown sugar one, and there are other types too.

@CherryHugs - I went and looked at the pureSCRUBS items on Amazon.  Are all of the Brown Sugar line scrubs for the face?  It's hard to tell if some are for face only or body only.  The only one listed that included face in the title was the coconut option.  I've put it on my wish list to try once I'm done with my tubs of Dermapeel.    Thanks for posting about these.

Honored Contributor

Vitacost now has 20% off on beauty products, they have a ton of more natural brands of body and facial scrubs.