QVC Customer Care
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Being nasty in defense of your favorite brand tarnishes the image of that brand. If you want to do your favorite brand a favor, encourage free discussion about the brand and products. Positives, negatives, alternatives, details, all of it.

Most people have mixed feelings about brands, they like some aspects and not others. If you come down like a load of bricks on those people when they communicate their views, you will see a lot less discussion from newbies and other average consumers. No brand wants to alienate those potential customers.

I do not think, it's much about 'defending' a favorite brand IMHO @Porcelain  

It is more about feeling free to come down on other people like a load of bricks, hard and often. It is more about nastiness in general. 

I agree.

But I don't think people are trying to be nasty. In this beauty forum, it seems to me that the initial impulse is a positive one. If a person really loves a particular beauty brand and wants to see it succeed, any negative or even ambiguous comment can feel like a personal attack because they are so invested in the product. I think I get where it comes from. It's about protecting the reputation of the brand.

It's just that it does the opposite and creates a negative aspect to the reputation of the brand. I don't think that people who do it are trying to harm the brand they care about.

Successful brands spark controversy and discussion. They don't need defending. For example, I really dislike most Lancome products. I feel they are overpriced and damaging to the skin due to their reliance on large amounts of denatured alcohol. I once posted about that in a discussion of a TSV for a trio of Lancome products.

No one stated that they weren't going to buy Lancome because of what I said. People who already wanted to buy, were just going to buy. Key point, though...no one jumped on me when I posted my negative view, if I remember correctly. And the conversation continued. I was not perceived as a threat to Lancome by the Lancome users.

Negative discussion is still discussion and people expect it. It actually legitimizes the positive discussion because it shows that all sorts of people are freely weighing in.

That is why QVC doesn't forbid criticism of the products they sell in this forum. They know that discussion and attention are priceless assets to them.

We used to have quite lively discussions of Skinn and Isomers and some other brands here. Not so much anymore. Very valuable assets to those companies are being lost because of it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

YAY. Finally, Skinn fragrance rollerballs.

LOVE the OPA! fragrance and have been wanting to try Zoie. Now we need a new coupon! Current price $25 ea

Exclusive! Skinn® Cosmetics OPA! Eau de Parfum Rollerball 675-766

image.jpg

@Chi-town girl.....I am very interested in purchasing the OPA could you describe the scent......or compare it to a scent similar to it. Thanks 🙋🏻❤️

@Naturesbeauty  - I think OPA!  has an authentic (true essence not fake chemical) scent, sophisticated. It does not remind me of any other fragrance. It's long lasting. I like it for fall/winter. I recd a sample of Zoie and think its equally lovely - a bit lighter which is nice for spring/summer. HTH!

@Naturesbeauty - I wanted to add the companion OPA! Body cream and body butter products are excellent. There is some cost/risk that you might not like the fragrance but H is really good about returns. I think D has done a good job with these 2 fragrances - sophisticated and authentic, no artificial scent and not too strong or offensive. Rollerball is a good low cost option esp if you can buy it with a coupon

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

We used to have quite lively discussions of Skinn and Isomers and some other brands here. Not so much anymore. Very valuable assets to those companies are being lost because of it.

Agree. It was fun reading what everyone had to say. A few seem to have stopped the open discussion. 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

LOVE the OPA! fragrance and have been wanting to try Zoie. Now we need a new coupon! Current price $25 ea

image.jpg

@Chi-town girl.....I am very interested in purchasing the OPA could you describe the scent......or compare it to a scent similar to it. Thanks 🙋🏻❤️

@Naturesbeauty  - I think OPA!  has an authentic (true essence not fake chemical) scent, sophisticated. It does not remind me of any other fragrance. It's long lasting. I like it for fall/winter. I recd a sample of Zoie and think its equally lovely - a bit lighter which is nice for spring/summer. HTH!

@Naturesbeauty - I wanted to add the companion OPA! Body cream and body butter products are excellent. There is some cost/risk that you might not like the fragrance but H is really good about returns. I think D has done a good job with these 2 fragrances - sophisticated and authentic, no artificial scent and not too strong or offensive. Rollerball is a good low cost option esp if you can buy it with a coupon

@Chi-town girl Thanks so much for answering my post. I am going to order as soon as I find a good coupon. 🙋🏻❤️💐
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

image.jpg

@Chi-town girlThanks so much for answering my post. I am going to order as soon as I find a good coupon. 🙋🏻❤️💐

@Naturesbeauty  - check your H account... I rec'd an email today with a new coupon. Good thru tmrw/Sun night

Coupon code = 181769  Expires on 11/3/2019 at 11:59 PM ET.

DG40257_110219_PZ_ShoppingBag_Coupon181769_sob.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

I got a coupon code, too. I haven’t checked yet to see if anything I need or want is priced good enough to make it worthwhile to use the code. I didn’t use the last one I got but I do use them quite often.

Contributor

I really hope I'm wrong because I checked the program guide to see when Skinn is on again and it's not showing any shows until December 29th.   I was really hoping for some holiday specials.   Smiley Sad 

Honored Contributor

Dimitri is scheudled to be on HSN on November 27th from 9P to 11P EST.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Contributor

@Tique    Thanks!